At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a Wholesale Director to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage North America wholesale sales for department stores, specialty stores, e-commerce, and off-price partners
- Lead global wholesale markets and tradeshows
- Create a clear and consistent sales and profit strategy for the team to execute
- Execute go-to-market strategies with teams cross-functionally
- Manage monthly sales targets by customer with sales team.
- Work cross-functionally with Wolverine US and EMEA teams to deliver exceptional service to customers in North America
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with decision-makers and leaders in the market
- Provide clear leadership and motivate the sales team to deliver outstanding performance
- Communicate the state of the wholesale business channel in weekly trade meetings
- Negotiate terms and contracts related to trade terms for new and existing wholesale partners
- Develop a team culture and environment that fosters growth and development along with ongoing collaboration to execute strategic goals
- Oversee the performance and lead the mitigation of risks
- Create annual marketing plans by customer with SB marketing team to help drive sales
- Build an integrated Go to market approach between wholesale and DTC business
Product + Planning
- Review and manage all wholesale financial profitability with planning partner
- Collaborate with SB retail/e-commerce team to ensure wholesale and retail marketing calendar and MD cadence is aligned
- Manage P&L by customer and total wholesale P&L in partnership with the finance team
- Build and manage annual wholesale budget and channel strategy
- Develop short-term and long-term fiscal plans to build forecasts that align with sales targets
- Build seasonal category product and trend plans with merchandising partners to ensure product offering ties back to the shipping budget
- Responsible for cost optimization to create price consistency across all partner sites
- Ensure all wholesale partners' product assortments align with key brand initiatives
- Ensure all brick-and-mortar and online presentations align with brand guidelines
- Lead brand positioning and awareness in a highly competitive environment while leveraging the brand values and unique point of difference
- Partner with VM and brand team to ensure NYC showroom and trade shows adhere to brand guidelines
Experience with wholesale accounts in the activewear sector in North America
Communication and collaboration with all departments
Strong understanding of each wholesale customer.
Knowledge of the market and trends. Ideally ready-to-wear and or activewear experience.
Strong analytical and business acumen
Extensive knowledge of retail math and gross margin proficiency, account profitability, and OTB
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 401(K) Plan
- Lifestyle Training Allowance
- 22 PTO days
- Company bonus scheme
- Discounts at the best studio classes
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.