Vice President Customer Experience
If you don’t already know us, Sweaty Betty is a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
As part of Sweaty Betty’s continued phenomenal growth, we are looking for a VP of Customer Experience to shape the Customer Care vision and strategy. Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, you will lead the team to deliver an exceptional brand and customer experience on a global scale, across multiple channels to drive customer engagement and revenue growth whilst driving operational efficiencies.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Strategy & Communication
- Define and communicate the Customer Experience Strategy in line with the business strategy and company values by fully engaging with key stakeholders (Operations, eCommerce, Digital Marketing, CRM, Brand, Social, Product, People, Finance) across the business
- Outline the journey to achieve the customer experience vision including key landmarks and measures of success
- Develop plans to ensure that the customer experience is handled efficiently whilst delivering an excellent customer experience with a real focus on average cost per order and reducing contact rates and time to resolve customer queries
- Develop tools and reporting to assess and analyse team efficiency and productivity effectively
- Lead strategy on multilingual teams to support global growth
- Transition the team from being a cost centre to a profit centre by creating a culture of sales through service with department and individual KPIs
- In conjunction with our CRM team, design, build and deliver service propositions by segment and to create measurable customer outreach programs that drive loyalty, brand engagement and increase revenue
- Present performance and progress against objectives and achievement to business stakeholders and Exec team on a weekly/monthly basis in line with the trade reporting needs
- Accountability for the full customer experience and the leadership of the department; budget and business metrics such as contact rates, average handling time, customer satisfaction measures, quality assurance and sales across all customer care touch points
- Play a lead role in developing a strong “customer experience” mindset and culture within the business, ensuring that all employees are consistent in their understanding of what their contribution of new ideas generate at every level
- Lead, inspire, coach and manage the Customer Care Management Team and the wider Customer Care Team to ensure those teams deliver to the SLAs and exceed customer expectations
- In partnership with the People Team, develop and implement a people strategy that creates a high performing, engaged team with strong retention and internal progression underpinned with the company values
Customer Care Excellence
- Build a first-hand understanding of the current customer experience as seen through the shoppers’ eyes across all touch points, driven by customer feedback. Overlay this with the research insight and employee feedback to share within the business and drive service improvements
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and improve efficiency and to work with E-Commerce, IT and Logistics team to deliver the solutions
- Optimise and evolve the systems utilised within Customer Care including contact management system, scheduling and quality management tools working in conjunction with the IT team
- Prepare plans for optimal handling of peak periods including use of temporary staff, overflow and overtime
- Lead the efficient and effective introduction of new channels whilst minimising the disruption to the existing business
- Constantly build knowledge of leading customer experience to ensure the organisation becomes a leader in delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Manage all external 3rd party service providers across budgets, performance and use of value-added services
- Experience leading strategy, strategy planning and delivery leadership
- Ability to analyse data, draw insights and communicate effectively
- Strong commercial acumen to justify business investment
- Project leadership on multi-stakeholder level
- Ability to communicate and present information to inspire the organisation and influence the business
- Significant and proven experience in a leadership role, leading large global teams and operations
- Previous experience for the structure and delivery of an integrated multichannel customer experience
- Experience in leading a contact centre delivering an elevated brand experience in a digital business and developing customer service/experience
- Financial and budget accountability
- Company bonus scheme
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.