VP Design (Maternity Cover)
For over 20 years, Sweaty Betty has ‘empowered women through fitness and beyond’. Our vision is to inspire a global community of women who get together and sweat together. Founded by Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has global distribution in key markets UK and US and is poised for explosive international growth in the next two years. With 50 stores in the UK, 4 in Hong Kong and a rapidly growing wholesale footprint including 65 Nordstrom locations across the US & Canada, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Now, we are looking for a VP Design to come on board in a maternity cover capacity and continue to lead our Design team and inspire the stylish and premium performance product that Sweaty Betty is renowned for. You will be fearless in your approach to try new things, continuously identifying trends, an innovative thinker and passionate about driving the brand forward in an ever competitive activewear market - ensuring we maintain our market position of being the best.
Working closely with the Chief Product Officer and your dedicated team, you know the importance of remaining positive, encouraging creativity and striving to push SB’s boundaries at all times.
Your SB Journey:
- Lead the Design team to ensure a flawless design development process from conception to final garment.
- Manage the growing Design team and work closely with the wider Product team to meet all design deadlines and key development dates in the critical path.
- Research, design and build balanced, exciting and new collections, encompassing seasonal trends, theme, colour, print and SB handwriting to answer the business strategies and targets, from initial ideas through to sealer sample.
- Use innovative ways of identifying the international customer’s wants and needs and always maintain an understanding of her lifestyle as well as remaining on the pulse of any new fashion, fitness or lifestyle trends that she may be engaged in; to guarantee we are offering quality product for all her active lifestyle needs.
- 10+ years design experience
- 2+ years’ experience at VP/Director level
- Experience managing, leading and developing a team
- Expert knowledge of athleisure industry
- In-depth understand of SB’s customer across all regions
- Excellent communications skills and a strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of our brand’s vision and confident presenting seasonal ideas to stakeholders and wider business
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Sweaty Betty Ltd