If you don’t already know us, Sweaty Betty is a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
As Sweaty Betty continues its global expansion, we are looking for someone to help us better understand our customers by using user research practices and UX design thinking.
We are constantly working on improving our end-to-end digital customer experience on sweatybetty.com – you can expect to experience a broad range of projects from exciting brand campaigns and launches, to sophisticated functional areas like the checkout. Your work will give our teams a better understanding of how our customers think and which design solutions will help us improve the customer experience for which Sweaty Betty are renowned!
Sitting in our eCommerce Digital Product team, you’ll work with our Lead UX Designer and our team of Product Managers and Owners, as well as senior stakeholders throughout the business as part of a wider impactful team. Empowering women and making a difference is at the heart of our business.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
· Work with internal stakeholders to gather information about what needs customer research or usability testing.
· Craft research questions and hypotheses and create test plans.
· Choose and implement the appropriate research method to answer the questions, whether it be moderated interviews, unmoderated A/B tests, or analytics investigation.
· Where needed, create sketches and design prototypes to facilitate testing.
· Succinctly and effectively communicate the research findings into easily digestible, actionable insights and recommendations.
· There will be opportunity to other UX areas, such as information architecture, content strategy or interaction design based on your specific skills and interests.
· Education in user experience design, user research, or related field
· At least two years of experience working in a UX Researcher role
· Proven knowledge and experience creating test plans for a variety of testing methods such as contextual inquiry, remote moderated prototype testing, remote unmoderated A/B testing, qualitative surveys, and card sorting
· Confident in facilitating moderated user research sessions and summarizing insights
· Experience working with remote user testing software such as UserTesting
· Ability to create interactive prototypes in industry-standard UX software such as Figma
· Knowledge of mobile-first and accessibility-compliant UX design principles
· Excellent communication skills
· You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are self-motivated and well-organised
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.