US Marketing and PR Intern
If you love fitness and fashion, Sweaty Betty is for you! We are a British-founded retailer specializing in beautiful-yet-technical active wear for women. We design product that goes far beyond the gym or studio, with an authentic London-cool outlook on style, and we have a culture that embraces a healthy balance of hard work and fun. We know that the best workouts are fun, shared with friends and frequently followed by chocolate, a cocktail, or something else that more or less negates the calories you just burned.
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It's Personal. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
We are looking for an ambitious US Marketing and PR Intern to join our Support Office in New York City for Winter Break 2018 and Spring Semester 2019.
You will learn what goes into building a global fitness brand in the US and help with all facets of marketing including: influencers, PR, and local events. You will work closely with the Head of US Marketing on various projects and campaigns. This is an opportunity to gain knowledge into the fitness retail industry and get hands-on experience. We work in an exciting and fast-paced environment, where initiative and enthusiasm is necessary, so come ready!
Please note this internship is for academic credit only.
This could be a part-time or full-time internship (minimum of 2 days per week), and you must commit to at least 1 semester.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assisting the marketing department in a variety of initiatives across PR, local marketing, influencer relations, and events
- Assisting in influencer management - outreach, database, product seeding, etc.
- Assisting with the execution of large seeding and product mailers for key campaigns
- Building and maintaining press and influencer lists
- Managing all traffic samples
- Assisting the digital performance marketing team with key tasks to support campaigns
We are looking for someone with talent and enthusiasm, who wants to work in marketing and learn more about PR and influencer relations. They are ready to get their hands dirty and no task as too big or too small. The brand continues to grow rapidly in the US market and we are looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who pays great attention to detail
- Strong interest in media and current trends
- Understanding/passion for digital media and social platforms
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to succeed in a fast-growing, team-oriented environment
- Fitness enthusiast - living and breathing the Sweaty Betty lifestyle
- Team Workouts
- Team Lunches
- Fun place to work - our foundation is family
About the Company
As Sweaty Betty has evolved into a global multi-channel fitness fashion brand, one thing remains at the heart of the business: Sweaty Betty’s unwavering mission to inspire women and find empowerment through fitness. We lead by example, and look to our growing community for more inspiring stores of happiness and transformation through active living.Every employee at Sweaty Betty is chosen for their passion and capabilities, for their desire to push boundaries and of course their love of the lifestyle we inspire and represent. We have over 50 stores across the UK and the US with almost 600 employees but it’s our small, local teams that keep our purpose to inspire women through fitness alive.We want to provide more than just a job so it’s important to us that our employees don’t just love the product but they love what they do.
Sweaty Betty Ltd