For over 20 years, Sweaty Betty has ‘empowered women through fitness and beyond’. Our vision is to inspire a global community of women who get together and sweat together. Founded by Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has global distribution in key markets UK and US and is poised for explosive international growth in the next two years. With 50+ stores in the UK, 4 in Hong Kong and a rapidly growing wholesale footprint including 95 Nordstrom locations across the US, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
As part of our growth mission, we are committed to our People, our Planet and our Community. We have made great strides to ensure we are protecting and strengthening these areas, but we need to do more. We have recently defined SB’s sustainability strategy and we need someone to bring the change we want to see in the world to life. That’s where you come in!
The Sustainability Manager at Sweaty Betty will:
- Drive forward our sustainability roadmap and ensure sustainable practices are wholly engrained in the business, considering both environmental and social focus areas
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement priority sustainability projects e.g. the mapping of our supply chain, carbon-reducing initiatives etc. and assist teams in tracking progress by setting and measuring KPIs
- Help develop systems for gathering sustainability data, measuring results and producing regular reports/summaries for internal and external communication
- Present to the executive team on a regular basis to share initiatives, communicate strategy and plans for execution
- Actively monitor trends and industry best practices on sustainability efforts. Develop a system for sharing knowledge across corporate and field teams and contribute to shaping the supply chain strategy
- Partner and engage with third party associations and/or multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Be the voice of sustainability for the business, evaluate and recommend modifications to our approach to sustainability, as applicable
- 5+ years’ experience in a sustainability-focused role within the fashion industry
- Excellent networker and communicator
- A self-starter with a passion for leading transformative changes in the ways of working and an ability to work cross-functionally in driving solutions
- Common knowledge of commercial waste management and energy technologies
- Strong business acumen, with exceptional problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.