Social Media Designer
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want – and our social channels are our digital hubs to bring those active women together.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Social Media Designer to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness beyond by creating engaging experiences for our customer.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
We are looking for someone who is obsessed with creating thumb-stopping social content that aligns with our global brand vision. You will be the champion of innovative and engaging content that is brand propelling and community focussed, developing social-native concepts and owning them from beginning to end. The role and opportunity really are yours for the taking and moulding.
While our main focus is Instagram right now, you will have in-depth knowledge across all social media platforms and help to drive brand awareness and establish our Sweaty Betty community across them with bold, instantly recognisable content.
You are someone who is always scrolling to keep abreast of current trends, but are also looking for the next big thing and are not afraid of pushing boundaries. You are driven to create dynamic, emotive and global storytelling, always striving to create market leading creative.
Reporting to the Brand Creative Lead you will also work closely with our VP of Creative, Head of Content & Social and Social Media Manager to develop social first approaches that both complement and inform our brand direction.
You will join a growing creative studio that encompasses Art Direction, Motion, Digital and Brand who are integral in developing the future of the Sweaty Betty brand.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Use your expert understanding of social media and audience engagement to deliver creative social content for Sweaty Betty with a focus on Instagram - expanding to other platforms as necessary
- Day-to-day there will be BAU focussed briefs to tackle along side larger conceptual thinking and brand development.
- Helping to inform and develop our social creative strategy.
- Undertaking competitor research, staying informed of current trends across social media and sharing regular updates with the creative studio.
- Contributing to brand-wide creative discussions and projects.
- Building out templates and seasonal creative approaches for social.
- Helping to build customer engagement through testing, development and refinement of creative strategy / execution.
- Support our brand campaigns with social specific content ideas, and aid in briefing and working with external videographers.
- Work alongside the Brand Creative Lead and VP of Creative to look ahead and develop the future of the brand through a social-first approach.
- Work alongside traffic managers to build out timelines, implement robust work processes and ensure work flows through the studio efficiently.
- Experience in a social focussed role, or independently creating your own social content, with a portfolio that demonstrates strategic thinking, high creative standards in typography and design layout with a strategic design approach.
- Experience with a retail / fashion brand would be beneficial in understanding the seasonal needs and cadence this role.
- The ability to infuse our brand pillars with your own creative ideas and produce content that is on brand, yet still fresh and conceptual.
- Fluent in core Adobe CC (Id, Ai, Ps.), Figma, After Effects desirable.
- A global thinker with big ideas, and the curiosity to pursue them.
- An open mind.
- The ability to take initiative, be proactive and make connections within the company.
- You will manage, prioritise and deliver your projects efficiently with the ability to be reactive to business needs as necessary (we use Monday. com for project management).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.