Senior Raw Materials Technologist
Sweaty Betty are looking for a Senior Raw Materials Technologist to join our growing RM Team.
You will be passionate about executing seasonal and quick turn technical fabric developments and are excited to bring your experience with sourcing fabrics from Europe and Far East. Always working to key deadlines as outlined in the critical path calendar, you will work closely with the design team to ensure fabrics meet the design aesthetic and support the intended end product.
Working as a part of the wider (and ever-growing) SB team (Design, PD, Buying, GT), you will be responsible for ensuring that everyone is aware of fabric construction, innovation and technical abilities of fabrics. The Raw Materials team may be small, but they are critical to upholding the aesthetic and quality of the Sweaty Betty product, focused on sustainability and always learning in order to push fabric boundaries.
Your SB Journey:
- Supporting Sweaty Betty’s focus on achieving sustainability projects
- Working with suppliers to ensure all fabrics are fit for purpose, using the Sweaty Betty testing manual, flagging any failures and working with wider team and vendors on suitable solutions
- Collaborations across different teams; particularly with design, to understand their wider vision
- Supporting Garment Tech team and maintaining correct data for Buying, Merchandising and Product Development Teams
- Building relationship and rapport with the mills; understand and leverage their capabilities
- Identify new trends, push boundaries when it comes to SB’s performance-based product offering
- BSc/MSc in materials/textiles
- At least 3 years’ experience working on technical raw material product, preferably from a recognized sports or outerwear brand
- Technical knowledge in development of fabrics, particularly in the construction, finishing and dyeing processes of fabrics
- Data management experience i.e. Excel/PLM/Texbase, or similar
- Highly organized
- Experience with sourcing and developing fabrics for multi products from idea through to production ready
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.