Senior Garment Technologist
We are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Garment Technologist to continue to drive the renowned fit and quality of our products. You will be sitting in the talented team of 5, reporting into our Garment Tech Manager.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for athletic wear product and takes pride in ensuring that every product has a fit for purpose. You understand that attention to detail is paramount and you can work closely with your designer to achieve design and fit intent. You will work closely with globally sourced factories.
As the Senior Garment Technologist you will manage the product from development through production ensuring quality of the product.
Your SB journey:
- Ensure overall Customer fit consistency and provide fit approvals
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of design, merchandising, product development and production priorities
- Lead fit sessions, construction and fit approval, and documentation to all business partners to meet guidelines
- Develop Technical Design tools (patterns, blocks, grading, construction standards, etc.) to achieve optimal and consistent fit
- Lead or/and Support product’s wear testing throughout development and production stages
- Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that may require an innovative approach while maintaining deadlines
- Leverage technical knowledge to maintain fit intent, balance and construction across all markets
- Identify potential production and quality issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity up front in the development process
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance of specs, construction, quality and fit intent
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product or team
- Travel to factories to work with technical teams to advance fit approval timeline
The absolute necessities of the role.
- 6+ years of Garment Technologist experience
- Working across multi-product categories in women’s fashion
- Must have Activewear product experience
- Must understand a Go To Market calendar
- Experience of people management
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft, PLM, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Technology
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and will be to work around you & your lifestyle going forwards
About the Company
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty Ltd