Senior Digital Designer (Email)
The Senior Digital Designer in the Sweaty Betty creative studio plays a fundamental role in the creative strategy and development process. Their creative will elevate the consumer brand experience across Sweaty Betty digital channels, including email, apps, social media and on Sweaty Betty.com and wholesale websites.
As Senior Digital Designer at SB, you will be able to respond to a brief, ask questions, ideate and collaborate with a cross-functional creative team and develop and frame concepts in line with the briefs. You confidently translate marketing plans, consumer needs and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging across different platforms. Eager to learn new skills with a passion for staying abreast of technical and digital design developments; you successfully apply these to work practices. You are also able to guide both agencies and designers to elevated creative solutions.
Working under the guidance of the Digital Design Director and alongside marketing experts and writers, you pride yourself on being an outstanding teammate. You will also partner with external vendors to drive creative oversight as well as internal functional partners across the organization.
On your SB Journey, you will:
- Manage a team of email designers whose goal is to create best in class design executions which inspire our customers to engage with the Sweaty Betty brand
- Work with a dynamic and highly collaborative department who creatively respond to market changes on a daily basis
- Use innovation to find new ways to demonstrate the power of SB products in a competitive marketplace and embody a passion for activewear and female empowerment
- Work across several fields such as motion design, UX/UI and visual design
- Deliver holistic design solutions across all appropriate channels, while staying up to date with current and future trends and technology, to push the possibilities of storytelling
- Ultimately, you will push the Brand Design team into a new era of contemporary and digital design thinking with a view to elevate the standard of that thinking throughout the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or design-related equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in digital design for large retail e-commerce or key digital agency
- Advanced knowledge of Figma including components, shared libraries, prototyping and Auto-Layout
- Creative, bold, and digitally savvy
- A genuine love for digital marketing and the online space with a background in digital commerce, performance marketing (email, paid social and other media) A/B testing, designing for a specific target audience, and social media channels
- Strong knowledge of UX/UI
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects while simultaneously handling demands and changes
- Excellent writing and communication experience
- Company bonus scheme
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.