Senior Designer (Lifestyle)
For over 20 years British brand Sweaty Betty has ‘empowered women through fitness and beyond’. Our vision is to inspire a global community of women who get together and sweat together. Founded by Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has global distribution in key markets UK and US and is poised for explosive international growth in the next two years. With over 50 stores in the UK, 4 in Hong Kong and a rapidly growing wholesale footprint including 95 Nordstrom locations across the US, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Are you looking for your next design challenge where you can bring your creative flair and have your voice heard? Do you crave excitement and have a passion for pushing the boundaries when it comes to contemporary design? We are looking for a Senior Lifestyle Designer to join our design team and bring your concepts to life.
On your SB Journey, you will be:
- Designing and Leading the Lifestyle category; continue to innovate and develop premium forward-thinking product that consistently performs well.
- Working on multi-product categories, everything from knitwear to dresses and skirts.
- Driving the brand in a conceptual, boundary-breaking way to ensure we continue to maintain our position in the marketplace as a pioneering international women’s activewear brand in an ever-competitive landscape.
- Researching, designing and building balanced, exciting and new collections encompassing seasonal trends, theme, colour, print and SB handwriting to answer the business strategies and targets, from initial ideas through to sealer sample.
- Reporting into the VP of Design, you will be managing one Assistant Designer and ensuring that all design deadlines and key development dates in the critical path are met.
- Travelling to Asia, Turkey and Europe as required and subject to travel restrictions.
- Minimum 5 years’ lifestyle activewear experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator.
- Superb organization skills and self-motivated as while as an eye for detail.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills.
- Capable of working well with other teams and building productive relationships, as well as working well independently.
- Able to work at a fast pace and to remain calm under pressure.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 401(K) Plan
- Lifestyle Training Allowance
- 22 PTO days
- Company bonus scheme
- Discounts at the best studio classes
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.