Do you believe that looking after your wellbeing and fitness is fundamental? Are you bordering on obsessive about delivering fashion trends and challenging the status quo to do things differently? We are looking for a Senior Buyer to help lead and drive the Buying Team.
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Reporting into our VP of Buying and working closely with the wider Product Team. You will ensure Sweaty Betty continues to be at the forefront of fashion forward active wear, driving and leading the market and setting the pace. Most of all, you’ll have fun while you do it, because it’s more than just a job.
- You will be key member of an epic highly driven and creative team to drive and develop a fashion forward yet commercially balanced collections for Sweaty Betty.
- Building excellent knowledge of product development, working closely and collaboratively with internal teams -Design, Garment Tech & Merchandising alongside a strong supply base.
- Planning the Buying strategy for the season with Merchandising, considering business KPI’s, category mix and structure, product opportunities, suppliers and margin.
- Promptly reacting and trading the department in reaction to current trade, constantly evaluating upcoming ranges, anticipating commercial impact of decisions, suggesting appropriate actions to maximise sales, avoiding terminal stock and high mark down costs.
- Develop SB handwriting in line with the brand strategy. With an onus on focusing on attention to detail to ensure Sweaty Betty’s fashion forward, premium hand-writing, high performance and quality standards are maintained.
- Plan the seasonal supply mix with HOB in line with strategy, ensuring balance of COO, prices, product types, fabric, lead-times and repeat lead-times. Continually assess supply base, building strong relationships ensuring you are buying from the correct source and COO to deliver best prices, quality, and reliability, flexibility and repeat lead-times.
- Manage a buying team, getting the best out of your team by motivating, developing and coaching.
- Expertly manage the critical path process taking appropriate actions to avoid delays ensuring all launch dates are met.
- Experience as Senior Buyer within a multichannel, own brand, fashion forward Womenswear background preferred.
- A passion for product with a commercial eye, creative flair with an obsession for attention to detail.
- Strong team management and departmental organisational skills.
- Can-do flexible attitude.
- Impressive interpersonal, negotiating & influencing skills.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
- 23 Days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts to the best Studio Classes
- Quarterly Support Office Parties
- Fresh Fruit Monday
Sweaty Betty Ltd