Senior Art Director
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want - and our visual brand storytelling is the pinnacle of inspiring those active women. If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a visionary Senior Art Director to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented creative who is excited to work alongside the VP Creative in taking Sweaty Betty to a unified global level of brand recognition.
Reporting to the VP Creative, you will join a growing creative studio that encompasses Art Direction, Motion, Digital and Brand who are integral in developing the future of the Sweaty Betty brand.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
- Concept and drive photographic and motion deliverables across brand campaigns, promotions and product stories from brief to implementation, including supporting art direction for localised assets.
- Take on the day-to-day BAU needs of the business, and bring new concepts to life, working closely with the in house photography studio.
- Work closely with the VP Creative to concept and implement visual execution to the highest standards, pushing boundaries and positioning the brand as a global player with US at the forefront.
- Work closely with the Brand Campaign Manager to deliver agreed concepts.
- Collaborate closely with and oversee production and post-production teams, ensuring all timelines are met.
- Remain up to date with the activewear and lifestyle market, digital innovation and creative landscape to build a strong wealth of knowledge and culture.
- Develop a network of creative collaborators, with a particular focus on the digital space and US market.
- Be an expert on industry-wide creative staying on top of trends to influence ideation.
- Look at new ideas and make suggestions as to how things can be improved.
- Collaborate with the creative team to inject creativity into all elements of the brand experience.
- Work collaboratively with the wider art direction, in house photography and styling team.
- Inspire, mentor and challenge the wider art direction team providing support and leadership, embodying the company vision and values.
- Collaborate with the performance marketing team, and wider teams in the business to find creative solutions to briefs.
- Actively contribute to weekly creative meetings, bringing research and inspiring ideas to influence creative that is tailored to our customer.
- Present ideas to peers and senior members of the team.
- At least 5 years’ experience of art direction with a compelling portfolio across campaigns, photography and motion.
- You are someone who is always scrolling to keep abreast of current trends, but are also looking for the next big thing and are not afraid of pushing boundaries. You are driven to create dynamic, emotive and global storytelling, always striving to create market leading creative.
- Fashion, lifestyle, activewear experience.
- BA or equivalent in art direction / motion / digital design / creative.
- Expert in Adobe design programmes with working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects a bonus.
- The ability to infuse your own creative ideas with our brand pillars and produce visual imagery that are on brand, yet still fresh and conceptual.
- A global thinker with big ideas, and the curiosity to pursue them.
- The ability to take initiative, be proactive and make connections within the company.
- You will manage, prioritise and deliver your projects efficiently with the ability to be reactive to business needs as necessary (we use Monday. com for project management).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.