Product Development Assistant
For over 20 years, Sweaty Betty has ‘empowered women through fitness and beyond’. Our vision is to inspire a global community of women who get together and sweat together. Founded by Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has global distribution in key markets UK and US and is poised for explosive international growth in the next two years. With 50+ stores in the UK, 4 in Hong Kong and a rapidly growing wholesale footprint including 95 Nordstrom locations across the US, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Every product we create, and deliver, is inspired to bring the best quality and function to our customers. The Product Development Assistant will work to support the Accessories Product Development Team, going above and beyond to ensure the right product is developed in accordance to company requirements.
You will be joining a newly created team during this exciting period of growth, supporting as part of our rapidly expanding Product Team!
Your SB Journey:
- Weekly analysis of deliveries by vendor
- Track and comment on submits for approvals
- Track and manage SRS samples
- Daily communication with overseas offices and factories on all product details. Ensure that all details are accurately updated in a timely manner and conveyed to appropriate parties
- Maintain seasonal development calendars with overseas partners
- Weekly Critical Path tracking
- Track and report out on SRS status
- Assist Product Development Manager with bulk allocations based on shipping history, performance and capability
- Maintain & update PLM system
- Attend fittings to address any development and/or cost issues that arise
- Work with Product Development Manager on costing to achieve / exceed company goals
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accessories development & production
- A natural ability to multi-task with strict adherence to deadlines
- High level of communication experience with overseas agents and/or factories
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Outstanding follow up skills
- Experience using PLM systems
- Eagerness and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation
- Self-starter and solution oriented
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.