At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Developer to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by going above and beyond to ensure the right product is developed in accordance with our company requirements.
Every product we create and deliver is inspired to bring the best quality and function to our customers.
As Product Developer, you will support designs creative vision from concept to SRS. Support the Product Development Manager with the management of collections. Be the point contact person cross functionally garment tech, design, raw materials, production, buying and external vendors for your allocated categories. This position will sit with our apparel performance, lifestyle & specialist teams. (Running, Hit, Cycling, Yoga, Underwear, Outerwear, Lifestyle Swim, Accessories).
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
- Collection management: ownership of specific product category from development through SRS delivery.
- Systems management: seasonal data entry into PLM. Update and maintain.
- Vendor management: daily communication with global supply network on all product development elements from concept through to SRS (salesman samples).
- Margin management: Responsible to cost engineer to price point and ownership of initial intake margin for assigned category in line with business goal. Review open cost sheets & price negotiation with supply network.
- Work in conjunction with Manager on season vendor allocation in line with business sourcing strategy.
- Cross category communication with Buying on range plan, capturing add, drops, retails and margin reviews throughout the product creation process.
- Attend & participate in fit proto fit session with design, garment tech. Problem solving and offering solution to ensure product is fit purpose.
- Manage category handover with Production post SRS TP, BOM’s costing.
- Critical path management: Ensure all key deadlines met. Tracking & reporting on statues throughout the product creation process. Ensuring design, RM, trims, prints & garment tech are on track for design handovers, proto & edit reviews.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in apparel
- A natural ability to multi-task with strict adherence to deadlines
- High level of communication experience with overseas agents and/or factories
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience using PLM systems
- Eagerness and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation
- Self-starter and solution oriented
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.