Print and Colour Designer
For over 20 years British brand Sweaty Betty has ‘empowered women through fitness and beyond’. Our vision is to inspire a global community of women who get together and sweat together. Founded by Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has global distribution in key markets UK and US and is poised for explosive international growth in the next two years. With over 50 stores in the UK, 4 in Hong Kong and a rapidly growing wholesale footprint including 95 Nordstrom locations across the US, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
As Sweaty Betty's Print & Colour Designer, you will bring your passion and obsessive eye for colour and print to our in house design team. Pushing boundaries with your rebellious spirit, you will have you finger on the pulse of colour and print trends and will be able to translate these to the SB brand aesthetic and customer lifestyle.
Your SB Journey:
- Research, analyse and track colour + print trends to keep up to date with fashion and textile design trends by continually shopping the market to maintain fashion awareness as well as through reading and internet research.
- Utilize line plans to design new prints and update existing patterns. Interpret brand concepts into prints, yarn dyes and colour palette.
- Design colours, prints, patterns and yarn dyes for specific departments and categories.
- Create & develop brand appropriate direction of colour and print to fit the SB customer lifestyle.
- Contribute to overall brand print and specific artwork trend for each season
- Collaborate with the design team and research, develop and present own print ideas.
- Minimum 5 year’s Technical activewear experience
- Excellent hand sketching and CAD skill in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of overseas printing processes and all creative techniques in relation to screening, embroidery, flock, foil, embellishment and washing, dying treatments
- Knowledge and ability to CAD up print repeats as final artwork, edit, colour separate, recolour and match colour from the seasonal palette
- Up to date with new technology in the print industry. Digitally match colours to the printer for seasonal palette
- Excellent communication skills
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.