As a People Partner at Sweaty Betty, you will partner with your specific client area/s across the business. With our ambitious growth plans you will be solutions focused and provide creative ideas to the challenges presented as we continue to grow. To be successful in this role, you will need to be curious, credible, good at building trust within the team and brave at times to challenge the norm, whilst implementing scalable solutions which can flex and grow with Sweaty Betty. You will need to be excellent at stakeholder management, building strong relationships throughout your client area/s, plus building relationships with your peers within the People function.
Your Sweaty Betty Journey:
- Act as a partner and the first point of contact to your stakeholder group, upskilling and coaching managers to deliver a best in class people experience.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders, building strong relationships, to ensure that any issues or concerns are identified and addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Act as a sounding board for both leaders and employees across your client areas to resolve requests/queries by providing best practice advice on all people issues.
- Regularly meet with key senior recruits (Manager and above) during their first few weeks within the business.
- Key escalation point for difficult issues arising during probationary period, empowering leaders to make the right people decisions.
Employee Relations, Policy & Process
- Ensure that best practice is followed when any ER issues arise across the business (with the support of HRSolutions).
- Act as support to leaders/managers with people issues, advising them on how to manage a situation to avoid formal procedures.
- Manage disciplinary & grievance processes to ensure that company policy is followed, supporting business leader and employee to undertake a fair and consistent process.
- Maintain a good knowledge of employment legislation to ensure that the HR policies and processes are relevant and up to date.
- Work with the business leaders to identify potential structural or people changes early. Act as key advisor to business leaders with regards to the best practice approach to organisational change, ensuring they are fully aware and mindful of relevant legislation/employee rights.
- Work with business leader to ensure that all other change documentation (job descriptions, business case, structure charts, letters, redundancy implications) is developed and fit for purpose prior to any employee communication.
- Work with the business to develop clear communication and consultation plans. Ensure that all employee communications are dealt with in a sensitive and timely manner.
- Support business leader to identify any capability/skill gaps by department in line with the needs of the business as we scale.
- Be involved or take the lead in a specific project as and when required e.g. salary review planning, gender pay report.
- Extensive experience in a people team with strong stakeholder management, org design, conflict resolution and employee engagement, ideally across multiple geographies.
- Balance moving quickly with designing thoughtful approaches to driving high performance, engagement and belonging.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on a range of organisation development topics.
- Capable of designing and developing creative, commercial solutions to address business needs, particularly in organisations experiencing significant growth and transformation.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation, including the Executive Team and VP level.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships, especially with Leaders, People Managers, People Partners across time zones and cultures.
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
- Strong project management skills.
- Adaptable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
About the Company
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty Ltd