At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity to join us as Lead Retoucher, as we continue our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by supporting the Head of Studio, during a transition of Ecommerce studio change. Focusing on both content elevation and the fine tuning of production processes, you will be a driving force and proactive leader in the delivery of inspiring, creative and efficiently produced product imagery!
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
What You’ll Be Doing
- To own and be accountable for the end-to-end E-commerce retouch output, responsible for providing high quality and consistent finish, from capture to go live.
- To be the go-to brand technical expert in post-postproduction needs, being highly technically skilled to apply to varying briefs, image & motion requirements.
- Manage external resources to meet production need when required. Including freelance briefing to ensuring they meet the requirements of the Sweaty Betty retouch brief and workflow.
- Accountable for all technical guides and model boards - Leading retouch direction for any new approved models, working in collaboration with Photography Manager.
- Accountable for the proposals and implementation of new technologies and software to increase productivity and output, in line with growth. Understanding that delivering quality and quantity is a fundamental metric for the department.
- Lead future opportunities of collaboration and technical support of the wider Creative/Brand teams,
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly change priorities and embrace change with a positive attitude.
- Accountable for image quality control & retouch efficiencies, keeping amends to under 7%.
- Own an efficient ecommerce workflow to meet studio SLAs, improve efficiencies and uplift on current KPIs abilities. Understanding that delivering quality and quantity is a fundamental metric for the department.
- Accountable for all product colour match process and onsite accuracy. Working with product teams on seasonal improvements, and amends to fabric and colour accuracy.
- Collaborate with the Photography Manager to ensure look and feel of assets adhere to brand guidelines and lighting checks are consistent.
- Support the daily asset QA process ensuring image perfection pre ‘Go Live’ (Inc pre & post shoot requirements), working closely with both the Photography and Asset Manager on direction of image finish.
- Manage external resources to meet production needs when required. Accountable for ensuring they meet the requirements of the Sweaty Betty brief and workflow.
- Responsible for conducting site walks both pre-launch and category reviews consistently to ensure highest quality assets on site.
CREATIVE & TECH:
- Manage and execute additional seasonal and ad-hoc creative projects, whilst maintaining the utmost in attention to detail and the highest visual quality for print and digital use.
- Work with the wider teams on Image strategy, including regular model castings, review & feedback (for ecommerce, creative and external brand briefs), giving technical guidance where needed.
- Take interest and possess a strong understanding of the latest editing software and technology, staying informed about emerging trends and actively driving innovation.
- Future Opportunities, to support on post-production motion & Video edit product content introduction, with an existing interest and understanding of motion software application.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role or industry experience
- Solid experience in retouching ecommerce and creative projects
- Evidence of a strong creative portfolio.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite and Capture One ideally.
- An awareness of core throughputs and understand that delivering quality and quantity is a fundamental metric for the department.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Previous scheduling or resource management, desirable.
- Experience in Motion/ Video editing software desirable,
- Proactive and able to show initiative to foresee and resolve problems related to imagery.
- Proficient communicator
- Conscientious with a sharp eye for detail and aesthetic
- Passionate about the quality of imagery
- Generous clothing allowance
- 60% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- 10 days work from anywhere policy
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Cash Plan benefit with Medicash available to all Sweaty Betty UK Employees
- Enhanced Family Leave policy
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.