Lead Digital Designer
We are looking for a Lead Digital Designer, a pivotal role within the Creative team, with a main focus to develop our creative vision and lead on all CRM and email communications in an exciting time for the brand. You will join a passionate and growing team where you can really make an impact!
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, collaborative individual who thinks differently, pushes boundaries and is an expert digital designer. You will be full of ideas and have a clear vision on how we should be designing email communications - from brand campaigns, product edits and launches, through to automated and CRM programs.
With a beautiful portfolio of work, you will have significant experience in designing market-leading digital creative with the ability to tailor execution to different markets for a personalised customer experience. Reporting to the Head of Creative, you will lead a team of 3 designers and will be responsible for coordinating workload and inspiring the team to deliver consistent and innovative work that showcases the brand vision. You will have a strong understanding of design principles and the ability to provide constructive and motivational feedback.
Depending on start date – there is opportunity to lead in the hiring of your direct reports.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Leading the design and creative of all Sweaty Betty global email communications, working closely with the CRM marketing team to innovate and develop our email templates for mobile and desktop - keeping up with all new and future trends for this channel.
- You will collaborate with the wider Creative team to align on broader campaigns and creative to ensure a seamless cross-channel customer flow. Your role will influence wider channels, and an understanding of the customer journey is essential.
- You will be central in designing some of our key CRM projects at SB including our new loyalty and reward program, VIP communications and all automated email programmes.
- Working in a test & learn environment, you take an interest in the data and analytics, supporting the CRM team to test different executions to drive forward performance and optimise content for our customers. You will be working across US, UK, EU & AU, all of which require a bespoke approach to creative.
- You will work with the CRM team from planning and conception through to designing and influencing content shoots. We are an ambitious and a rapidly evolving brand, so you should have the ability to balance innovative and contemporary design with a strong commercial awareness, taking insights from creative tests and work with the CRM team to continuously grow our email marketing performance.
- At least 6 years’ experience of digital design preferably in pureplay retail or a digital agency – with exposure to either beauty, fashion, activewear brands
- Highly competent with Adobe Creative Suite
- Great understanding of responsive and mobile-first design
- Your portfolio should demonstrate an exceptional taste level and strong design and typography skills
- Previous experience working in a global brand environment would be a great asset – with knowledge on how to tailor creative to engage different markets
- Management experience and strong design leadership skills. Ability to set goals and also give constructive feedback to the team of Junior and Midweight Designers - empowering them to create their best work!
- Strong time management skills – flexible attitude and ability to manage shifting priorities, whilst maintaining commitment to deadlines in a reactive and fast paced retail environment
- Ability to suggest and implement efficient ways of working and streamline process
- Approachable, collaborative, and open to ideas and feedback from others
- Ability to work with and develop brand guidelines
- Branding skills, especially experience working on CRM programs
- Narrative is crucially important to our brand – so an ability to beautifully showcase these stories through email and beyond is a key skill
- Always up to date with emerging trends and encourages their team to research, think differently, and develop new innovations in email design
- Should be passionate about creating a visual experience that engages our audience and also achieves commercial goals
- Experience working on shoot concepts would be an advantage. Opportunity to get involved in shoots and suggest ideas of how to best showcase our products and stories
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of adding dynamic content to emails would be an advantage
- Coding experience would be desirable but not essential
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
About the Company
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty Ltd