Lead Delivery Manager
Sweaty Betty is looking for an experienced Agile Delivery professional to lead the Delivery team and embed best-in-class ways of working. Reporting to the Head of Technology, this role is accountable for delivery of technical change across Sweaty Betty including programme management, project delivery, reporting, visibility and budget management.
Your Sweaty Betty Journey will include:
PEOPLE & ENGAGEMENT
- Leadership and line management responsibility for the Delivery Team of 5, including hiring, performance goal setting, and feedback. The team is made up of Agile Delivery Managers working across portfolios of change and Project Managers delivering specific initiatives
- Establish ways of working that support scalable, high-quality technical change delivery at pace
- Implement and manage PMO capabilities at Sweaty Betty
- Collaborate with peers Lead Business Analyst, Group Product Manager, and Lead Developer to guide all teams through effective delivery of the roadmap
- Change management of people, mindset, and technology for technical roadmap and ways of working within the team
- Successful and high-quality delivery of the roadmap across all teams and value streams, demonstrated by strong user adoption and no issues as a result of change
- Budget management for technical change at Sweaty Betty including accurate forecasting, tracking of spend and investment
- Own and drive adoption of the Delivery Framework and Governance processes across Sweaty Betty and 3rd party suppliers
- Be the face of delivery for business and IT stakeholders at all levels
- Act as an escalation point for the Delivery team, supporting them by coordinating and managing shared resources and resolving issues
- Work alongside the team, managing the delivery of some initiatives personally and stepping in to help the team when necessary
- Experience managing a Technical delivery team in an Agile environment (3+ years), ideally in a fast-paced, multi-channel retail environment
- Strong leadership skills to lead a new and evolving team and promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong experience with dependency and risk management in a complex business ecosystem
- Proven track record of establishing stable, high-functioning delivery ways of working
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a range of stakeholders at all levels and 3rd parties
- Ability to be hands-on and also plan and work at a high-level
- Demonstrable experience working with both Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall methods
- Worked with organisations transitioning from a waterfall to a product/Agile delivery model
- A recognised Project Management qualification or Scrum Certified
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.