Lead Brand Photographer - 12M FTC
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity to join us as Lead Brand Photographer, as we continue our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by supporting the Head of Studio, during a transition of Ecommerce studio change. Focusing on both content elevation and the fine tuning of production processes, you will be a driving force and proactive leader in the delivery of inspiring, creative and efficiently produced product photography!
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead 2024 brand identity refresh through all photography outputs.
- Refresh & elevate e-commerce photography set up, equipment & lighting, in line with newly outlined visual identity.
- Review photography processes and implement new ways of working, for 25% shoot capacity uplift.
- Support Head of Studio Production on potential Studio relocation 2024.
- Lead creative support shoots & creative in-house opportunities.
- Lead e-commerce photography shoot set ups (look & feel) for wider Wolverine brands, on request.
- Support Head of Studio Production in product video & in-house motion implementation.
- Leading creative briefs and Art Direction for studio content creation - both ecommerce and creative photography needs
- Works with the Head of Studio and Sr Stylist on regular model casting, review & feedback - for ecommerce, creative and external brand briefs, keeping a continuous pool of diverse model talent
- Working with the Head of Studio to produce and shoot creative content - under the guidance and vision of Chief Brand Office. (Model, Still life & Motion).
- To shoot and/or art direct, all in-house studio creative shoots
- Collaborate with wider business stakeholders on performance marketing and social specific creative briefs. Maintaining consistent brand vision and art direction
- Opportunity to work alongside Head of Motion, on performance marketing content briefs and execution, and in future ecommerce product video innovation
- To own and be accountable for the end-to-end image capture process, responsible for providing high quality and consistent finish - For both Ecommerce and Creative brand assets
- Being efficiently driven, implementing a capture process to support daily KPIs and future volumes
- Support the daily asset QA process ensuring image perfection pre ‘Go Live’ (Inc pre & post shoot requirements), working closely with the Lead Retouch and Post Production Manager on direction of image finish
- Line manages and trains FTC photographer, as well as freelance photographers (when required)
- Overseeing the output of all product photography (Stills & Model), developing, and training the shoot teams and leading daily art direction
- Photographer for 1-2 model shoots per week. Overseeing as Art Director and team support on offset days
- Owns all technical guides and model boards - Leading photography direction for any new approved models, working in collaboration with Lead Retouch
- Owns all equipment management and maintenance, keeping ahead with new technology to support content innovation and future studio plans
- Responsible for keeping a strong pool of high caliber freelance talent. Suitable for creative model photography needs at all times
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role or industry experience
- Solid experience of coordinating studio operations and ecommerce photoshoots
- Creative portfolio desirable
- Creative and pro-active thinker
- Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills and a hands-on, can-do approach
- Knowledge of Capture and Adobe Office packages
- Must be flexible and able to adapt change
- Generous clothing allowance
- 60% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- 10 days work from anywhere policy
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Cash Plan benefit with Medicash available to all Sweaty Betty UK Employees
- Enhanced Family Leave policy
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.