Junior Product Developer
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPER to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by ensuring every product we create, and deliver, is inspired to bring the best quality and function to our customers, going above and beyond to ensure the right product is developed in accordance to company requirements.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support the Product Development Manager with the development on seasonal collections.
- Support the wider product development team, sitting with the apparel performance, lifestyle & specialist team (Running, Hit, Cycling, Yoga, Underwear, Outerwear, Lifestyle Swim, Accessories).
- Collection management: Support Product Development Manager of a specific product category from development through SRS delivery.
- Support Product Development team on administration
- Systems management: seasonal data entry into PLM. Up-date and maintain.
- Accurate BOM building
- Responsible for assigned projects set by Product Development Manager
- Vendor management: Daily communication with global supply network on all product development elements from concept through to SRS (salesman samples)
- Margin management: Support team on cost engineering to price point and initial intake margin for assigned category in line with business goal. Review open cost sheets & price negotiation with supply network.
- Cross category communication with Buying on range plan, capturing add, drops, retails and margin reviews throughout the product creation process.
- Attend & participate in fit proto fit session with design, garment tech. Problem solving and offering solution to ensure product is fit purpose.
- Participate in category handover with Production post SRS TP, BOM’s costing.
- Critical path management: Ensure all key deadlines met. Tracking & reporting on statues throughout the product creation process.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in apparel product development.
- A natural ability to multi-task with strict adherence to deadlines
- High level of communication experience with overseas agents and/or factories
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Outstanding follow up skills
- Experience using PLM systems
- Eagerness and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation
- Self-starter and solution oriented
- Generous clothing allowance
- 60% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- 10 days work from anywhere policy
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Cash Plan benefit with Medicash available to all Sweaty Betty UK Employees (Following successfully passing probation)
- Enhanced Family Leave policy
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.