Junior Performance Designer
As a Junior Performance Designer joining the Sweaty Betty team, you will be assisting the Senior Performance Designer as well as providing support to the wider performance team. Bringing your love for fashion and fusing it with a passion for SB, you are willing to push the boundaries when it comes to suggesting new ideas. You will have an in-depth understanding of our customer and know what she loves - you're never afraid to try new things!
Your SB Journey
- Carry out seasonal trend, technical research and comp shop reports to ensure ranges are continually evolving and always world class
- Participate in all relevant design meetings
- Together with the rest of the design team create seasonal mood boards, colour palettes and key element boards, in line with seasonal themes.
- Together with the Senior Designer, work with the Raw Materials team to develop and source fabrics and trims relevant for the end use of the ranges, adding newness and improving the existing product offer
- Design stylish, trend relevant and premium product ensuring that the boundaries are pushed creatively to continue to set us ahead of the competition
- Use Illustrator and various computer software to create comprehensive technical packs ready for launch
- Work with the Product Development team to ensure the product is correct and ready for review
- Implement fit comments to garment technical packs and upload design changes to product software systems.
- Along with other team members, help manage and track the development of the collection by keeping collection and category overviews up to date
- To take on ad hoc projects or other responsibilities as appropriate
- Qualified to a degree level in Fashion Design or a similar subject
- One year minimum experience in similar position
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Excellent CAD ability with Illustrator/Photoshop
- Superb organization skills and self-motivated
- Exceptional communication skills
- Capable of working well with other teams and building productive relationships, as well as working well independently
- Able to work at a fast pace and to remain calm under pressure
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.