At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Accountant to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by managing payments and communications with key suppliers across the entire landscape of the business.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ownership of treasury reporting: daily cash reporting, posting bank receipts and payments, monthly bank reconciliations
- Ownership of store banking process, store floats and sales control reconciliations
- Responsible for maintenance and communication of system FX rates and monthly revaluations
- Ownership of accounts receivable function and debtors ledger including weekly aged receivables reporting and monthly bad debts provisioning
- Reconciling of Joint Venture partner accounts and recharges
- Assist in preparation and reporting of UK and international VAT returns
- Responsible for other balance sheet reconciliations and support with both internal and external audit processes
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in financial control function
- Part qualified in accounting with bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance preferred
- Experience with multi-company, multi-currency trading environment
- Experience in Business Central preferred
- Proactive approach to working
- Ability to be on-site minimum 2 days a week
- Retail/multisite experience preferred
- Generous clothing allowance
- 60% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- 10 days work from anywhere policy
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Cash Plan benefit with Medicash available to all Sweaty Betty UK Employees
- Enhanced Family Leave policy
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.