Head of Warehousing Operations
Team SB are growing and on the lookout for an exceptional Head of Warehousing Operations to join us and help to continue to develop a best in class service for our customers. With both internal and external customers always in focus, you will apply your extensive experience and boundless energy to both problem solving and developing new processes; bringing new ways of working that facilitate our continued growth, extending into new markets and channels of delivery. Reporting into our VP Logistics, you will be working in partnership with our 3PL, carriers and inbound logistics team and be responsible for optimising both service and cost metrics. With a strategic eye on the future requirement for scalability and change, you are passionate about pushing yourself and others to trial new ways of working.
Your SB Journey:
- Working closely with internal partners, 3PLs and carriers
- Developing and applying best practice fulfilment process and monitoring budgets
- Liaising with Customer Care team and measuring impact of fulfilment; consistently striving to make a difference to the SB Customer
- Flagging and reporting vendor issues
- Collaborating with the Buying and Production teams to create a reliable, transparent, predictable and scalable logistics solution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working at a similar level within a FMCG environment with direct responsibility for:
- Logistics budgetary management
- 3PL and carrier contracts
- Warehouse processes as an operator or contract manager
- Service delivery
- KPI production and SLA management
- Project management and change delivery
- Multi-channel delivery success
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.