Head of Technical Design and Quality Control
At Sweaty Betty, we are as passionate about an active lifestyle as you are! We bring you women's fitness clothing without compromising on style: fashion meets functionality. We are proudly founded and based in London, with an ever-growing global reach.
Every product we create and deliver is inspired to bring the best quality and function to our customers. The Head of Technical Design and Quality is a leadership position responsible for ensuring timely development and commercialization of products for the brand. This role acts as point person in communication of all open issues between cross functional leadership, always ensuring that the fit, construction and quality are made to the highest Sweaty Betty standards.
You will be joining our rapidly expanding Product Team during this exciting period of growth, leading a team as Sweaty Betty continues to thrive!
Your SB journey:
- Responsible for directing the technical design function to support product from the development through to the commercialization process.
- Direct technical designers on fit and matching design and fit intent in all fit sessions.
- Responsible for the use of brand right fit models.
- Ensure that team executes to brand right specifications, fit, and quality requirements.
- Travel to Sweaty Betty stores to evaluate production against approved fits.
- Anticipate and resolve quality issues.
- Research and evaluate market for fit, construction and quality to provide direction to technical team.
- On the pulse with industry developments i.e. construction, materials, new techniques, processing, etc.
- Communication with various departments to provide necessary technical guidance to achieve product fit and quality.
- Evaluate and streamline Technical Design systems and processes for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand and give input into the Sweaty Betty sourcing strategy.
- Daily product risk mitigation.
- Strategic planning and organizational management.
- Manage testing to ensure all product meets compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion or equivalent experience
- 15+ years experience in technical design with proven management skills
- Extensive global factory production experience
- Attention to detail, organized, accurate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and financial acumen
- Strong vendor and supplier interaction and relationships
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong manufacturing and garment engineering expertise
- Well-rounded understanding and working knowledge of all branches of the product development and manufacturing process
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and will be to work around you & your lifestyle going forwards
About the Company
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty Ltd