Head of Merchandising
We are looking for a Head of Merchandising to join the family here at Team SB. Leading and inspiring high performance within the merchandising team will be your goal and you will be bordering on obsessive about driving trading performance to ultimately achieve sales, markdown, and stock and margin targets within a set framework. Working closely with the Chief Product Officer and your wonderful team of 6, you know the importance of remaining positive, staying motivated and always taking the time to celebrate the wins – either with a workout or over a glass of wine!
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Your SB Journey:
- Lead the Merchandising team to ensure that bottom up category budgets and financial metrics align to achieve the top down financial strategy.
- Control in season OTB process at a category level through monthly WSSI meetings.
- Instill this trading culture amongst the merchandising team to identify and optimize new and emerging opportunities whilst controlling intake and markdown.
- Develop and maintain strong cross functional relationships especially with design, buying, marketing and e-commerce, and play a significant role in ensuring full alignment in planning and support for key events, promotions, windows, layouts etc.
- Take a lead role in driving company growth by identifying future risks and opportunities and proactively implementing solutions that meet the needs of our customer across all channels and markets.
- Along with the Head of Buying & Design, own the category performance reporting process and play a key role in developing and setting the high-level product growth strategy.
- Analysis of trading performance in significant depth to challenge trading teams and ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Lead the team to set allocation, replenishment & stock levels in all channels.
- Develop & implement markdown strategy.
- Be a key member of the systems development team to ensure our systems best support the needs of the business.
- Proven track record of commercial delivery, with at least 10 years merchandising experience (of which 3-5 years in a senior role).
- Experience of implementing & maintaining the best systems solutions for merchandising teams.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to find profit in any situation + trading mentality to support and develop product areas.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Generous clothing allowance
· 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
· Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
· Sample sales
· Cycle to work scheme
· Company bonus scheme
· Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
· Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
· Childcare Support
· Discounts to the best Studio Classes
· Quarterly Support Office Parties
· 23 Days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
· Fresh Fruit Monday
Sweaty Betty Ltd