Head of Global Logistics (Import/Export)
We are looking for a Head of Global Logistics to join the team here at SB. Reporting into and working closely alongside our VP of Operations/Logistics, you will be looking after the daily management of the Imports and Exports functions within the business and be ready to push boundaries to ensure that high standards of service are achieved, at optimal cost of course! An effective communicator with proven results in managing inbound stock from suppliers to DCs, you will be managing 3PLs and play an integral role in the efficient sharing of information with the wider business when it comes to the Inbound and Outbound Supply Chains.
Your SB Journey:
- Track and optimise end-to-end Supply Chain lead times & freight/product costs for all imported merchandise.
- Develop Import Performance analysis to support Import strategy.
- Support Logistics, Buying/Merchandising & Production on inbound flow of stock, ensuring the critical path is maintained for each season.
- Co-ordinate consolidation of stock to reduce costs.
- Develop and conduct (ITT) Invitation to tender as required.
- Liaise with Finance to achieve best payment terms & processes.
- Support negotiations of freight costs with 3pl’s.
- Work closely with SB teams to provide timely accurate communication of intake forecasts to the business & DC.
- Participate in supply chain Projects & implement business best practice.
- Ensure effective & timely communication at all levels, both internally & externally.
- Manage all HMRC import/export relationships ensuring the business is compliant with all current legislation and taxation.
- Develop export strategy for both EU and ROW for wholesale, retail and web channels.
- Conduct regular reviews with all inbound service providers.
- A Continuous Improvement mindset to ensure the stock profile is optimised.
- Regular report publishing to monitor performance against SLAs; suggesting SLA improvements to suppliers as needed. Reporting on performance of department with key recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in any other activities or carry out any other duties that may be outside of the general remit, which will benefit the individual, Department or Company as a whole.
- Managing one direct report.
- A resilient character with a strong ability to adapt to an ever-changing landscape
- Minimum five years’ experience of working in an FMCG environment
- Sea Freight imports experience, with operational experience in sectors such as: manufacturing, importer/exporter, wholesaler, shipper, freight forwarding
- A steller knowledge of the Freight industry/Customs clearance from/To multiple origins/ Destinations
- A proven record in managing a large-scale import operation
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Team player, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven PC literacy having used Microsoft packages
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Navision
- Experience in setting and managing budgets
- Able to interpret statistics and data effectively
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- A can-do approach that achieves results
- Project management skills
- Able to promote and manage change
- Effective organisational and time management skills, inclusive of prioritising workload
- Effective influencer and negotiator
- Adaptable and quick to learn
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and will be to work around you & your lifestyle going forwards
About the Company
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty Ltd