Head of Buying
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of Buying to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by building the best assortments by channel and by region. We want to continue our global expansion by recognising and acting on regional / channel nuances.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
What You’ll Be Doing
- Your biggest responsibility will be driving the team to build assortments that fit the brief for different channels and regions, and that deliver on our Product strategy. This is a relatively new journey for Sweaty Betty. We want to have ranges that look consistent globally and always feel unarguably Sweaty Betty, but that are clearly built to resonate with our local customers – and how they like to shop
- You will have excellent experience and know how in building store assortments across small formats / concessions and for flagship locations
- You will preferably have some wholesale experience – seeking out briefs from the sales team and feeding that back to the Global design team to ensure that these briefs are executed
- You will seek to understand the e commerce customer journey and help to deliver an assortment that meets those requirements
- You will own and manage the RRP price architecture and work with Planning on the right Good, Better, Best assortment, making recommendations for change on a biannual basis (twice a year). This will include regional currencies.
- With the Heads of Planning, you will ensure product investments are made taking into consideration the following: consumer motivation and market trends, leading with consumer first and considering brand positioning across all channels – direct and wholesale
- You will manage and develop a brilliant Buying team to keep delivering on our goals
- You will know how to pull together and present a commercial buying brief into the Design team to support global and regional requirements to ensure we are keeping up with competitors and landing key market and regional trends
- You will be, with Planning, accountable for business trade including: product performance, pricing, VM and marketing communication, proposing actions which reflect Global and regional strategies
- You will understand and help support the buying team to run the GTM calendar meeting within their categories as well as oversee that the Buying team hit their overall functional deadlines so that we can deliver product on time to the right channels and regions
- You will be build relationships cross functionally so that all channels and areas understand each seasonal launch – and product strategies behind each launch
- You will partner with Brand to launch quarterly kick offs 12 weeks before each season launches to educate the channel teams
- Experience in Assortment focused roles
- Excel and Power Point experience
- PBI, BC and SAP experience a plus
- A proactive and positive attitude
- Management experience
- Ability to travel
- Generous clothing allowance
- 60% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- 10 days work from anywhere policy
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Cash Plan benefit with Medicash available to all Sweaty Betty UK Employees
- Enhanced Family Leave policy
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.