For over 20 years, Sweaty Betty has ‘empowered women through fitness and beyond’. Our vision is to inspire a global community of women who get together and sweat together. Founded by Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has global distribution in key markets UK and US and is poised for explosive international growth in the next two years.
Now, we are looking for a Garment Technologist to join our growing Garment Tech team of 7. You will work closely across all Product departments including, Buying, Design, Merchandising and Customer Care, with a focus on lifestyle and fitness apparel.
Our mission is to ensure that all products are beautifully fitted and adhere to the highest quality standards; consistently ensuring design integrity whilst infusing beautiful technical design, high performance fabrics and a fabulous look that our customers love.
Your SB Journey:
- Work with Design on the development of new products across Sweat Betty’s multi product ranges.
- Must have the ability to create first specifications at the beginning of each season to achieve the perfect fit, aesthetics, end use and performance.
- Manage the fit and quality of your own product category to achieve the highest fit and quality standard expected of Sweaty Betty garments.
- Manage and own the fit process from proto stage through to sealing stage and production approvals, taking the critical path into consideration, this involves graded specs, risk assessing, approval of test reports and shipment samples.
- Manage weekly fit sessions with Buying and Design. Send clear and concise comments to the factories.
- Manage the wearer trial process to ensure that all products perform at a very high level and are fully functional for the intended end use.
- An understanding of fabric performance reports is essential as you will manage the seasonal testing process for all your products to ensure all fabrics and trims have been tested according to Sweaty Betty’s required standards.
- Ensure the care labelling of all products meet the legal regulations in all of the countries that Sweaty Betty trades in.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and stores through visits and meetings.
- 6+ years’ experience in a technical role, in a similar fashion business
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of construction, manufacturing and variety of fabrics and dyeing processes.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience with sportswear preferable, but not essential
- Confident with fit and a good understanding of garment construction
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
About the Company
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty Ltd