For over 20 years, Sweaty Betty has ‘empowered women through fitness and beyond’. Our vision is to inspire a global community of women who get together and sweat together. Founded by Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has global distribution in key markets UK and US and is poised for explosive international growth in the next two years. With 50+ stores in the UK, 5 in Hong Kong and a rapidly growing wholesale footprint including 95 Nordstrom locations across the US, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
As Finance Assistant joining the team, you will play a key role in supporting the transactional finance team; ensuring that bank accounts are captured and reconciled in a timely manner and accounts payable and accounts receivable teams are supported where necessary.
Your SB Journey:
Cash and bank:
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of the Group bank balances
- Preparation of the weekly cash movements report and 13-week cash forecast
- Assist with the movement of funds around the Group mitigating negative account balances
- Closely monitor Adyen reserve balances
- Report interest charges
- Report bank charges including the monthly preparation of Credit Card analysis
- Responsible for managing intercompany reconciliations
- Monitoring of inboxes and clearing relevant emails to specific vendor folders
- Respond to all vendor queries from inboxes timeously
- Send invoices to the relevant Departments for approval and follow up when not received
- Assisting with the weekly payment runs and answering any queries raised
- Assist in processing invoices for wholesale customers and sending out statement of accounts
- Assist in allocating receipts on remittances received from customers
- Add new suppliers or customers in accounting system and ensure correct documentation attached to vendor workflow
- Holiday cover for Finance team members
- Ensure post is opened as per the post roster
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Keen eye and attention to detail
- Interest in the accounting field, shown by degree or diploma in finance / accounting or previous work experience in finance
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Be a team player and willing to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the finance team
- Take pride in work performed
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.