Ecommerce Manager - China
Are you obsessive about daily online sales metrics and the levers that can be pulled to impact these? Do you get a buzz from dreaming up tactics to drive sales growth? Are you fascinated by the fast-moving channel developments in the online ecosystem with an eye to the next big trend? We are looking for an individual who is passionate about delving into the detail of Sweaty Betty’s Chinese digital channels, working alongside our third party TP, developer and marketing teams to deliver ambitious growth in the fast growing premium female activewear segment of the market.
You’ll be part of a brand new entrepreneurial Sweaty Betty China team that currently totals 3, working in the heart of Shanghai to bring our incredible Sweaty Betty products to a new audience.
Leading the growth of our digital sales channels and driving customer engagement, acquisition and retention across owned and 3rd party platforms.
Reporting to the VP China and working closely with external third parties key responsibilities will include:
Overall planning and execution of sales and in-platform paid marketing initiatives to achieve performance targets on a day-to-day basis, across Tmall and Wechat, working closely with our TP to:
- Forecast growth in online sales, traffic, customer acquisition and retention, and execute to plan
- Promotions planning and tracking
- Oversee in-platform paid marketing budget and ensure return delivered in line with KPIs
- Enhance user experience & merchandising to optimize conversion & reporting including data analysis
- Deliver competitor analysis insights
- Oversee operation of Wechat MP including merchandising and customer service
- Lead, coach and, where necessary, develop TP team in a constructive way to maintain high level of performance and brand engagement
Overall ownership of our customer metrics and reporting, driving repeat digital spend from existing customers in all channels through:
- Analysis and delivery of customer/product insights to improve key digital metrics across key platforms
- Planning and execution of loyalty programme through Wechat and wider customer retention mechanisms to drive user experience and CRM
- Oversee MP developer to deliver new features and functionality to grow and improve engagement within Wechat community
Working closely with our Logistics & Product Manager and Global Merchandising Team:
- Set channel specific assortment strategies and support work to make quarterly buy
- Oversee go to market plans for newness
- Identify and feedback to product team category growth opportunity and risk
- Input into optimisation of digital assets for the local Chinese market
Working closely with our Brand Experience Manager in leveraging offline touchpoints to drive O2O sales with an eye to delivering an integrated omni-channel experience for our customer
Supporting VP China on China ecommerce ecosystem strategy and omni-channel vision development, as well as input into the creation and implementation of ex-platform social marketing plans
- 10+ years of experience working in a retail environment
- 5+ years of experience working with a TP with Tmall and Wechat
- Excellent experience across the breadth of digital sales (ecommerce, operational, financial and processes) – including digital commerce trends and delivery of innovative ecommerce initiatives, with some exposure to ex-platform digital marketing
- Deep functional knowledge of the best practice tools, methods and approaches that drive higher conversion rates, increased average order values and acquisition techniques.
- Deeply familiar with online sales forecasting, web funnel optimisation, a/b testing; well versed in analytical tools and proficient in analysis of key metrics and use of this to drive decision making, with a proven analytical and numerical aptitude
- Strong background in reporting and presenting business financials and commercial performance objectives including market and customer insights and promotion requirements.
- Excellent negotiation skills, strong influencing and networking skills to effectively manage external parties and interdependencies
- Proven track record of delivering vs measurable sales targets and demonstrated ability to manage commercial expectations
- High degree of commercial and business acumen, exceptional ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions, proven work ethic with high integrity, and desire to excel & succeed.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin both written and verbal
- Experience across global markets or working with global teams is a plus
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- Generous holiday allowance, with buy and sell holiday option
- Active living discounts
- Company bonus scheme
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.