Digital Product Owner
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a Digital Product Owner to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by bringing together data, technology and insights to improve our online experience and drive business growth
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
What You’ll Be Doing
Digital Product at Sweaty Betty:
The Digital Product Team at Sweaty Betty is to create value for our Customers by developing outstanding omnichannel experiences and internal digital products (e.g. personalisation and merchandising tools). Our team is made up of Product Owners, Product Designers, Developers, CRO and Analytics specialists who report to the Head of Digital Product with the team located in London. Over 80% of our Product team identify as female.
Your SB Journey:
- Set and deliver the product vision to ensure we create exceptional mobile-first digital experiences and deliver against Sweaty Betty’s goals to drive conversion, engagement and retention
- Primary Product contact for our Ecommerce, Brand, UX and Data teams to identify pain points in the online customer experience and own the Digital Product roadmap and backlog
- Convey the value and expectation of the product to developers, vendors and stakeholders through stories, acceptance criteria and detailed descriptions of journeys
- Document requirements through user stories, design solutions to meet user needs, create and execute testing plans and support change delivery
- Use analytics, benchmarking, knowledge of the market, and input from SB’s business teams to devise and prioritise research and testing plans
- Own key workstreams, be strong at breaking down complex problems, and comfortable prioritising a variety of initiatives
- Work closely with third-parties, engineering and operations to deliver robust and thoroughly tested solutions
- 3+ years of Retail digital product management experience working hands on with cross-functional squads
- Approachable and collaborative. You’re open to feedback and ideas
- Prior experience spanning the worlds of Commerce, Content Management, Personalisation and Analytics
- An understanding of tech culture and how to foster that within a team
- Curious, data-driven, passionate about metrics, and continuously evaluating how your products are performing - and driven to continuously improve them
- You’ve shipped world-class products at a fast-growing company
- A solid understanding of agile software delivery and continuous improvement
- Coding experience would be desirable but not essential
- Generous clothing allowance
- 60% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- 10 days work from anywhere policy
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Cash Plan benefit with Medicash available to all Sweaty Betty UK Employees
- Enhanced Family Leave policy
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.