Digital Design Director
Sweaty Betty is a place to explore design potential and push out the edges of what the brand can be. Sweaty Betty designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate our consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
As the Digital Design Director at Sweaty Betty you will elevate, inspire and direct the Digital Design team while leading advanced digital experience work that supports the business goals.
This role provides exceptional direction to a team of designers to create compelling and effective digital experiences. You will drive the team to meet business objectives by bringing to life the Sweaty Betty Brand and our storytelling centered around our consumer and product, across our digital ecosystem.
Under your leadership, your team will design SweatyBetty.com seasonal experiences, product launches and site refreshes for the SweatyBetty.com platform. In conjunction with a UX team, you will make sure our digital design systems are adhered to and evolved as needed so as to improve, innovate & optimize. This role owns the design direction of the email marketing CRM campaigns as a key driver of business growth across US, UK, EU and AU markets.
We’re seeking someone collaborative, entrepreneurial, who takes initiative, enjoys leading a team, and strives to develop and foster growth. The work will be challenging, never boring, and we expect you to be an integral part of the creative team bringing new digital experiences and solutions to the Sweaty Betty brand.
It is key for this role to maintain strong relationships with the immediate functions within the broader Marketing, Content and Copywriting teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Creative, Copywriting, Content and Development teams, drive innovative solutions for digital storytelling across Sweaty Betty.com platforms and all commercial digital touchpoints
- Lead and give clear direction to the team, assisting them to deliver effective solutions without micromanaging
- Operational excellence always: ensure the team delivers high quality work, on time and on budget 100% of the time
- Work closely and cross-functionally with Site Experience, Product, Operations, Brand, and Geography teams to bring to life global campaigns for SweatyBetty.com
- Become a specialist on the function and capabilities of our platforms
- Form relationships across the company in order to better understand the functions of other departments and expand your expertise
- Actively gain knowledge of Sweaty Betty’s products (digital) and processes, trends, the consumer communities we stand for, and overall marketplace culture.
- Gain knowledge around our physical product (the leggings and extended clothing range) each season
- Manage and mentor design team. Encourage, recognize and reward team members. Be a positive driving force. Promote team spirit and build energy and optimism in others to achieve the team and company vision.
- Communicate and present design concepts; create presentation materials that effectively communicate design concepts—mentor others to present their work a persuasive and compelling way
- Innate sense of when to seek guidance and share problems
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of current trends, technology, design systems and other design influences
- Share knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff; works with design counterparts to ensure continuity across digital touchpoints
- Own and lead innovation and creative implementation of email CRM campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or design-related equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in digital design for large retail e-commerce or key digital agency
- Excellent Figma and Adobe Suite skills
- Creative, bold, and digitally savvy
- A genuine love for digital marketing and the online space with a background in digital commerce, performance marketing (email, paid social and other media) A/B testing, designing for a specific target audience, and social media channels
- Strong knowledge of UX/UI
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects while simultaneously handling demands and changes
- Excellent writing and communication experience
- Management experience of teams with 4+ people
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
About the Company
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty Ltd