Data Product Owner (Contract)
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
This is a newly created role to work as the Product Owner for Data at Sweaty Betty. The Product Owner will report into the Head of Data and will be part of an exciting data journey and new way of working for Sweaty Betty IT.
The Data Product Owner will have direct responsibility for working with departments that create or use product data to define and deliver a roadmap of capital investment in that area. The successful candidate will form strong relationships with, and work cross-functionally and with third parties to define and deliver changes to the Data Platform and manage the Power BI development backlog.
Your SB Journey:
- Support the Head of Data in delivering Data, Reporting and Analytic product capabilities, that are aligned to the technology roadmap, and deliver exponential step-changing capability
- Ensuring stakeholders and external agency partners have access to reliable data and ‘fit for purpose’ data tools and products to successfully deliver SB’s strategic goals
- Managing and leading our data products to support key strategic initiatives
- Working with the Head of Data and the wider Technology leadership team to evaluate and prioritise data platform and reporting development initiatives for capital investment
- Creating and influencing the roadmap for change within the data realm and liaising with our 3rd party partner to ensure delivery of the roadmap
- Be the trusted link between the stakeholders and development/delivery teams throughout scoping, analysis, testing, and training
- Delivering value and be a champion the use of data and analytics products across the business
- Keeping up to date on emerging and widely used data, analytics and data visualisation technology to deliver against the business priorities, and aligning them to the SB and technology goals and data roadmap
- Updating and maintaining documentation related to the Data Platform and ensuring publication and socialisation of any documentation related to reporting
- Co-ordinating training of users on the business facing elements of the Data Platform where possible or coordinating 3rd party training if needed
- Experience working in retail environments as a product owner, especially in areas related to products
- Ability to bridge technical and business worlds effectively, a good conceptual problem solver to articulate opportunities and solutions
- Hands on experience with SQL, Power BI and other analytical and visualisation platforms
- Experience with product owning a changing landscape of Data Products
- Third-party management
- Agile methodology, user stories, software release management
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent commercial & senior stakeholder skills
- Ability to create clear documentation
- Experience creating and managing roadmaps as well as budgets
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.