Commercial Finance Manager - Retail
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Finance Manager to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by providing accurate and timely financial analysis that enables the Retail team to make business decisions to drive the profitability of Sweaty Betty.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
What You’ll Be Doing
This role is the main finance contact across all retail financial activity including reporting, cost control and performance analysis.
- Ownership and coordination of the retail financials including the P&L and Balance sheet for both reporting and strategic cycles (Budgeting and forecasting), Be the go-to person for all retail financial information across the business
- Lead retail month-end and monthly finance reviews with key stakeholders delivering timely and accurate financial information with commentary that demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of cost drivers and variance analysis to budget and prior year
- Finance lead on all retail investments including new store openings across the UK and Internationally
- Lead a post investment review and drive a forward-thinking test and learn culture
- Build relationships cross-functionally across the business and be a voice within the retail leadership team
- Identify drivers of overspend and support and challenge the Retail teams to ensure delivery and control of their budget
- Driving continuous improvement of our processes and systems allowing us to gain a better understanding of our actual performance, and improve our forecasting accuracy
- Managing, coaching, and developing a Finance Business Partner
- Fully Qualified Accountant with PQE from a commercial finance setting (Retail experience essential)
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic global activewear business
- Strong attention to detail and analytics skills (Microsoft Excel), with experience in preparing analysis, insight and recommendations
- A naturally curious and engaging individual, who can step back and consider the bigger picture
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and adapt methods of thinking with a can-do and positive attitude
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.