As the Buying Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Buying team, driving the delivery of margin, sales and profit KPI’s in order to execute a well-conceived product strategy reporting to the VP of Buying. You will be organised and strategic with a keen eye for detail and fashion forward aesthetic collaborative. You will be bordering on obsessive about all things SB, working closely with your counterparts in Merchandising, Garment Tech and Design. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who thrives in a dynamic, quick paced environment and wants to play a pivotal role in the Sweaty Betty revolution.
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
What the job looks like:
- To support and motivate the Buying Team, working closely with Buying VP, offering strong positive leadership, best practice and development opportunities with a focus on growing future talent.
- Monday trade- Quick to respond to current trade and constantly evaluating upcoming ranges, anticipating commercial impact of decisions. Analysing trading patterns, supporting and challenging the teams to ensure appropriate action is taken to sales reactions, market changes and or business requirements. To consider different trading regions and channels (UK, US-East and West Coast)
- Oversee the day to day process of the departments, reviewing processes to maximise opportunities and minimise risks of key events/trends/promotions.
- Add value to the Buying process providing an objective view for Buyers.
- Operates within the Product team an effective / timely product development process and sign off, appropriate for product lead-time, with full ownership of the top line product seasonal calendar/cp.
- Supports range development with Buying and Design Vp’s. Ensuring that the product reflects the brand strategy, the range is without gaps or duplication, and that the season is logically and commercially thought through in a timely and cost-effective manner. Ensuring that the correct level of newness / high fashion is present, and that volume lines are maximized and ‘moved on’ at the appropriate time.
- Manages a sound supply strategy and base for SB, striving for consistent best practice partnerships.
- Play a key strategic role within the Product team, setting, defining and communicating a clear vision of the future strategy – translating into understandable goals and targets for the team.
- Creative with an eye for product and an innovative thought process.
- Experience as a Buying Manager or Senior Buyer within a reputable multi-channel retail environment.
- Previous experience working within Sportswear and or premium Womenswear.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Supply chain performance management.
- Organised and numerate.
- Strong internal/external stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of high standard QC and fit requirements.
- Customer-focused knowledge of market and trends.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
- 23 Days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts to the best Studio Classes
- Quarterly Support Office Parties
- Fresh Fruit Monday
Sweaty Betty Ltd