Branch & Channel Merchandiser
We are looking for a passionate and driven Branch Merchandiser to join our Merchandising Team in this exciting new role! You will be an expert in store grading and analysing performance at individual store level and across all markets and countries. As this is a brand new role you will not be afraid to get stuck in at all levels and will be able to draw on your wealth of experience to implement new processes and bring best practise to our brand.
Your passion for retail will be infectious and you will have a proven track record of delivering improved sales and sell throughs from optimising stock across stores and channels. You will also have the exciting opportunity to drive the implementation of a new Allocation and Replenishment system.
An ability to build strong relationships across your SB family is key as you work closely with all Departments across the brand. Reporting into the Head of Merchandising and managing a team of Allocators you will also be working alongside the Product Team to understand how the ranges are planned whilst feeding back on store and market performance to influence the planning process.
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It's Personal. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Your SB Journey:
Stock analysis & optimisation:
- Full ownership of stock across all channels, monitoring store, market and channel sales performance & identifying stock opportunities & risks.
- Providing regular & ad-hoc analysis to the business at store, market and channel level.
- Monitoring & proposing all stock movements within the business including consolidations and recalls.
Allocation & Replenishment Strategy:
- Planning and grading of all stores at category/attribute level based on turnover, space, market, climate.
- Managing team of Allocators allocating stock to all stores and channels, setting and managing replenishment parameters for all channels, providing guidance to team on weekly replenishment levels & seasonal trends.
- Stock level planning for individual store and brand events, sale and stock builds for all channels.
Communication with Stores & Wider Business:
- Carrying out regular store visits & build strong relationships with area & store managers.
- Detailed reporting on Top turnover and Focus stores, visiting frequently, identifying opportunities, working with Area Managers and Retail Team to drive performance.
- Feeding channel and market analysis into Product Merchandising Team for range planning.
- Developing strong collaborative relationships across all departments in the UK & US Support Office and especially the Retail, Ecommerce, VM, Logistics, Buying and Marketing teams.
New Store Openings:
- Responsible for building new store opening packages, considering all market knowledge.
- Providing regular analysis to the business on performance of new stores and identifying any areas of opportunity and challenges.
WH liaison & throughput forecasting:
- Forecasting and managing throughput (picking/despatch volumes) for warehouse and logistics.
- Ensuring WH receives relevant communication with regards to goods recalling from stores, pick quantities & new store openings, new story launches.
- At least 5 years in a head office Branch Merchandising role, currently as a Merchandiser or an experienced Junior Merchandiser in a multi-channel environment.
- Strong knowledge of allocation/replenishment systems, grading and space planning.
- An analytical and questioning mentality with excellent numerical and IT skills particularly Excel.
- Detail oriented, highly organised, able to prioritise heavy workloads and thrive in a busy environment.
- The ability to develop strategic direction but also a trader who can react in the moment.
- A self-starter who embraces change with the ability to implement best practise & new procedures.
- Experience of confidently presenting in meetings.
- Proactive and positive approach to problem solving.
- A dynamic team player with great interpersonal skills.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
- 23 Days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts to the best Studio Classes
- Quarterly Support Office Parties
- Fresh Fruit Monday
Sweaty Betty Ltd