Assistant Store Manager
If you love fitness and fashion, Sweaty Betty is for you! We are a British-founded retailer specializing in beautiful-yet-technical active wear for women. We design product that goes far beyond the gym or studio, with an authentic London-cool outlook on style, and we have a culture that embraces a healthy balance of hard work and fun. We know that the best workouts are fun, shared with friends and frequently followed by chocolate, a cocktail, or something else that more or less negates the calories you just burned.
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It's Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager to support our Store Manager in the running our beautiful store located in Abbot Kinney Boulevard, Venice, California!
As Assistant Store Manager you will be reporting to the Store Manager and responsible for the following:
- Providing the highest standards of customer experience to our US customers by ensuring the delivery of the Sweaty Betty Experience at all times in-store "to inspire women to find empowerment through fitness & beyond"
- Deputising for your Store Manager in their absence
- Ensuring the Brand is represented in-store by a team who are passionate about fashion and fitness in an equal measure
- Ensuring all your staff are adequately trained according to the current training program
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels in your shop and ensuring the highest standards of housekeeping and visual merchandising are upheld
- Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are followed by every member of the team
- Maintaining the security of the store premises, stock and all store monies
- Can lift, carry or move at least 40 lbs
- Additional tasks may be required from time to time
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to succeed in a fast-growing, team-oriented environment
- Must have bachelor's degree or equivalent combo of education and experience
You live an active lifestyle, as much as possible. You are a natural role model with passion for the SB brand and demonstrate this with your team and customers on a daily basis. You understand the importance of team work and how best to engage and achieve the best from your team to deliver on targets and objectives. You rise to the challenge of managing the store, (when your Manager isn’t present) both from a commercial perspective and getting the best from your team.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- 17 days paid time off (in addition to 8 federal holidays)
- 401(K) with company match!
- Competitive health benefits
- FREE clothing budget + 80% discount budget per season; unlimited 50% off
- Individual Sales Bonuses
- Free workout classes at top studios
- Fun place to work - our foundation is family
About the Company
As Sweaty Betty has evolved into a global multi-channel fitness fashion brand, one thing remains at the heart of the business: Sweaty Betty’s unwavering mission to inspire women and find empowerment through fitness. We lead by example, and look to our growing community for more inspiring stores of happiness and transformation through active living.
Every employee at Sweaty Betty is chosen for their passion and capabilities, for their desire to push boundaries and of course their love of the lifestyle we inspire and represent. We have over 50 stores across the UK and the US with almost 600 employees but it’s our small, local teams that keep our purpose to inspire women through fitness alive.
We want to provide more than just a job so it’s important to us that our employees don’t just love the product but they love what they do.
Sweaty Betty Ltd