Assistant Garment Technologist
This is an opportunity for someone looking for their first step as a Garment Technologist. You will be sitting in the talented, driven (and busy!) Garment Tech team of 6. You will report into a Senior Garment Technologist, collaborating closely across the wider Product department. Our mission is to ensure that all products fit beautifully and are fit for purpose, adhering to the highest quality standards; ensuring design integrity and intent is paramount, whilst infusing beautiful technical design, high performance fabrics and a fabulous look that our customers expect from Sweaty Betty.
As an Assistant Garment Technologist, you will manage your product areas from design handover through to production ensuring quality of the product.
Your SB Journey:
- Execute complete detailed workbooks following tech pack handover with Design, ensuring design intent is fulfilled and styles risk assessed.
- Management of calendar timing for development and production.
- Owning your fit sessions along with supervisor, balancing speed and quality.
- Prioritizing your fit samples and sending of fit comments and approvals in line with and showing understanding of critical path.
- Analysing technical issues accurately and communicating clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers.
- Manage the wearer trial process in your product area to ensure that your products are fully functional for the intended end use.
- Identify potential production and quality issues during development process, communicating clear solutions with supplier to ensure brand integrity.
- Support Garment Tech Admin Assistant with model bookings and planning ahead to ensure team can work seamlessly.
- Flexible to work across categories to support your team.
- 3+ years of Garment Tech Experience
- Confident using Outlook, Excel & Word; keen to expand skill-set as the role demands
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks & change direction with
- Strong understanding of garment construction, fabric technology & testing.
- Knowledge of pattern construction, sizing, grading and grade rules
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
About the Company
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It’s Personal. Keen To Be Green. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty Ltd