Assistant Designer (Lifestyle)
As a Design Assistant joining the SB team, you will be assisting the Senior Lifestyle Designer, as well as providing support to the wider Design team. Bringing your love for fashion and fusing it with a passion for SB, you are willing to push the boundaries when it comes to suggesting new ideas. You will have an in-depth understanding of our customer and know what she loves - you're never afraid to try new things!
Your SB Journey:
- Working on multi-product categories, everything from knitwear to dresses and skirts
- Carry out seasonal trend, technical research and comp shop reports to ensure ranges are continually evolving and always world class.
- Participate in all relevant meetings with design, product development, buying and business updates.
- Together with the rest of the design team create seasonal mood boards, colour palettes, key element boards in line with seasonal themes.
- Together with the Senior designer working with the Raw Materials team to develop and source fabrics and trims, adding newness and improving the existing product offer.
- Liaising and collaborating closely with your designers, presenting ideas relevant to SB market and product type.
- Support Design team, uploading trims or other materials on PLM.
- Work with the Product Development team to ensure all product has been handed over for SRS and proto trackers.
- Ensure SRS fabric/colour trackers have been completed on time – informing the revlevant cross-functional partners and teams.
- Attend all fit meetings, ensure all comments are amended in technical packs and uploaded onto PLM.
- Manage Specialist Critical Path, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Take on ad hoc projects or other responsibilities as appropriate.
- Qualified to a degree level in Fashion Design or a similar subject
- 1 year's minimum experience in similar position
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Excellent CAD ability with Illustrator/Photoshop
- Superb organization skills and self-motivated as while as an eye for detail
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Capable of working well with other teams and building productive relationships, as well as working well independently
- Able to work at a fast pace and to remain calm under pressure
- Experience in using Adobe Suite and Indesign for Market deck week - nice to have but not essential
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 401(K) Plan
- Lifestyle Training Allowance
- 22 PTO days
- Company bonus scheme
- Discounts at the best studio classes
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.