Assistant Accessories Designer
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accessories Designer to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond. You will be working on this growing category, whilst collaborating with the wider Design team of 15. Accessories complete the look, so you recognize how integral they are to our valued customer’s lifestyle experience and you are excited to develop and drive this category forward.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
- Carry out seasonal trend and technical research to ensure ranges are continually evolving and always world class.
- To be constantly aware of our customer’s view on our product through monthly store visits, comp shopping, trade analysis, research and customer feedback.
- Participate in all relevant design meetings.
- Together with the rest of the design team create seasonal mood boards, colour palettes, key element boards in line with seasonal theme and present them to the product team counterparts.
- Work together with raw materials team to develop and source fabrics and trims relevant for the end use of the selected ranges, adding newness and improving the existing product offer.
- Design stylish, trend relevant, premium and performance product ensuring that the boundaries are pushed creatively to continue to set us ahead of the competition.
- Communication with suppliers to ensure the 1st protos are correct and ready to present to the Directors for final sign off.
- Work with the buying team during the process to design the ranges within option framework and manage development aspects of critical path effectively to ensure all deadlines are met.
- To be aware of and contribute to the delivery of business targets.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an accessories designer
- In-depth understanding of hardware materials
- Excellent knowledge of computer software including Adobe Suite & Microsoft Office (including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.