Area Manager - North England, Scotland & ROI (Maternity Cover - FTC 12 months)
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women. We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for an Area Manager to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by inspiring a leading customer experience.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
What You’ll Be Doing
- Deliver sales and KPI targets across area by leading and engaging store teams to deliver world class service.
- Maximise commercial opportunities and control costs to increase stores profitability.
- Support Head of UK Retail in delivering Retail objectives and goals.
- Oversee and execute excellent VM and Retail standards with consistency across area to create an inviting customer shopping experience.
- Identify and execute internal and external opportunities to build local communities. • Inspire and support teams to achieve high performance, by effective training, coaching and feedback and have a clear succession plan in place.
- Create the conditions that deliver a highly competent, energetic, engaged, and motivated team.
- Support Store Managers to deliver world class customer experience, demonstrate and role model behaviors.
- Embed store processes and best practice across area to create efficiencies.
- Leadership experience
- Flexibility to travel across the UK and around stores daily.
- Flexible to work weekends when needed.
- Interpersonal skills
- Generous clothing allowance
- Discount off all Sweaty Betty clothing
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free Healthcare plan with Medicash
- Pension Scheme (with the Peoples Pension)
Our D&I Commitment
We are working to create a culture and team that represents our empowerment mission. We want to celebrate our diversity, embody inclusion, and create an equitable business. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary. We care about our people, our community, and our world.
We want to stand up for what we believe in and give our people a platform to use their voices. To actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business and being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and to our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs and working harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Our DEI mission is "to embed diversity, equity and inclusion at the heart of our business. To create a culture of belonging that empowers everyone to be their best authentic self. We commit to celebrating different perspectives and to continuously learning, developing, and challenging ourselves and our partners."
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our DEI Committee & DEI Collective to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say all, we mean it.