Apprenticeship: Digital & Ecommerce Product Team
If you don’t already know us, Sweaty Betty is a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
As Sweaty Betty continues its global expansion, we are looking for an apprentice to join the Digital and eCommerce Product Team - responsible for building and optimising all the software applications behind Sweaty Betty's eCommerce website!
As the eCommerce Product team apprentice, you will work with various internal and external teams to develop, test and improve our web application, delivering an exceptional customer journey and best-in-class digital experiences across all devices. This role gives you the opportunity to innovate and work on real projects, learn on the job from people who have a vast amount of industry experience, whilst working towards a recognised apprenticeship qualification.
You love change and are always looking for ways to improve what we do and how we do it, and as a team player you know you can’t do this alone so building relationships across the business and project teams is essential to success. As a key member of the team, you will be pivotal to the future of Sweaty Betty, driving growth through our digital channels.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
On your SB journey you will have responsibility for:
- Working with our Product Owner, UX Designer and Developers to research and detail requirements for software developments, feeding into our Agile backlog
- Testing new features and innovations
- Identify, investigate and resolve defects or areas for technical improvement on the platform
- Creating pages and managing content updates on the website
- Using analytics to gain a strong understanding of the customer journey to optimise sales, measure performance and define improvements
- Competitor Analysis: stay informed about competitor products and industry trends
- Create and maintain technical documentation
What will I learn?
- Systems development
- Web Technologies (Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Google Analytics and Optimize)
What qualification will I get?
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (12-18 months)
- BCS Certificate in Software Development / QA / Digital Marketing
- Google Analytics IQ
- Interested in eCommerce
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and to continually improve
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Good numeracy skills
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.