Accounts Payable Assistant
For over 20 years, Sweaty Betty has ‘empowered women through fitness and beyond’. Our vision is to inspire a global community of women who get together and sweat together. Founded by Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has global distribution in key markets UK and US and is poised for explosive international growth in the next two years. With 50+ stores in the UK, 4 in Hong Kong and a rapidly growing wholesale footprint including 95 Nordstrom locations across the US, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
As the Accounts Payable Assistant at Sweaty Betty, you will be excited at the prospect of bringing your highly organised and detailed nature to continue the SB expansion!
Your SB Journey:
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of purchase invoices for overheads, validating coding provided and ensuring authorisations for approval are within defined authorisation limits.
- Verify all purchase order invoices are matched and posted against the relevant purchase orders on receipt of goods/services, where applicable.
- Reconcile vendor balances on a monthly basis within a set timeframe.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships to enable effective cost recording and payments.
- Prepare payment journals for weekly payment runs and ensure all supporting document is attached for each payment.
- Produce monthly aged creditors report and perform analysis of creditor status.
- Respond to supplier queries timeously and professionally ensuring that supplier relationships are maintained.
- Monitoring and clearing of accounts inbox and ensuring all emails have been dealt with daily.
- Ensuring all invoices and credit notes have been captured in the correct period by comparing to departmental budgets.
- Process and review multi-currency employee expenses received – check receipts and claims against the company policy and apply local tax rules.
- Process expense payment runs and ensure all supporting documents and approvals are attached.
Credit Card Processing
- Process and reconciliation of credit card statements by reviewing breakdown and supporting documents received to ensure accurate allocation and coding in Business Central.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience processing purchase ledger invoices in a multi-currency environment including knowledge of VAT and Tax regulations, including processing employee expense claims and credit cards.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central accounting system.
- Previous experience in a multi-departmental, high paced environment.
- Excellent numerical skills and an eye for detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to build strong relationships, drive change and work effectively as part of a team.
- Willingness to get involved in ad hoc activities as and when required.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.