Accessories Raw Material Developer
If you don’t already know us, Sweaty Betty is a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
We are looking for an Accessories Raw Material Developer to join the ever-growing Product Team. With an understanding of the Sweaty Betty brand and passion for what you do, you are excited at the prospect of being the lead for the development, sourcing and commercialization of raw materials, adding newness and improving the existing product offer as Sweaty Betty continues its global expansion!
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
Development / Sourcing
- Develop / source and commercialize raw materials for accessories, in line with SB product codes and sustainability strategy.
- Create raw materials for accessories briefs – including developing trim drawings and specifications.
- Ensure all raw materials for accessories are approved and conform to SB performance and compliance standards.
- Support the design team in creating seasonal raw materials for accessories mood boards in line with seasonal themes.
- Maintain raw materials for accessories data for reporting and relevant PLM requirements.
- Participate in all relevant meetings with design, raw materials, product development, buying and business updates.
- Build relationships and rapport with new and existing Accessory suppliers, to understand and leverage their capabilities, whilst overcoming barriers to doing business eg price / minimums, lead-times, new technology.
- Provide technical support for the Design and Product Development team on the suitability of raw materials for accessories, and the technical capability of vendors to supply the products required.
- Support Sweaty Betty’s sustainability initiatives.
- Creation and maintenance of a physical and digital raw materials for accessories library.
R&D / Innovation
- Carry out trend, technical research and comp shop reports to ensure raw materials for accessories are continually evolving and always world class.
- Visit Industry trade shows / webinars / conferences to gain knowledge, keep up to date with industry advancements and apply to the SB range.
- Explore the use of digital assets and 3D printing for prototyping.
Critical Path Management
- Ensure developments are completed as per the agreed critical path dates.
- Anticipate and highlight any potential delays to raw materials for accessories development and come up with creative solves.
- Demonstrate understanding of the factory processes, colour limitations and supplier lead times for raw materials for accessories.
- Ensure required raw materials for accessories are available for SRS.
- Qualified to a degree level in Textile Technology / Materials Science or a similar subject
- 3 years minimum experience in similar position
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign) CAD ability with Illustrator/Photoshop
- Superb organization skills and self-motivated as while as an eye for detail
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Capable of working well with other teams and building productive relationships, as well as working well independently
- Able to work at a fast pace and to remain calm under pressure
- Knowledge of trim testing
- Existing network of trim suppliers
- Experience on 3D printing prototypes an advantage
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.