Senior HR Manager
Setting The Scene
Sweaty Betty delivers the perfect fusion of fitness, functionality and fashion what we like to call beautiful technical. We design product that goes beyond the gym or studio, an authentic London-cool outlook on style, and a culture that recognizes its all good fun we exercise to look and feel good (not necessarily to find enlightenment), and know that the best workouts are shared with good friends and are followed by a glass of wine or cake (or both).
Founded by our Creative Director, Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in Londons Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty now has over 44 stores in the UK and 8 (and counting) in the US. We are poised for explosive growth in the US over the next five years and there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Sweaty Betty is growing exponentially. There has never been a more exciting time to join us. Our people are our most important asset. Every employee is chosen for their passion and capabilities, for their desire to push boundaries, and of course for their love of living the Sweaty Betty lifestyle. This is a crucial role in the business as you will be a guardian of the company culture, responsible for attracting and recruiting the very best, ensuring that every person that comes on board is as passionate about our values and beliefs as we all are.
As the Senior HR Manager at Sweaty Betty you will be the guardian of our company culture by strengthening and embedding our companys values and beliefs across all stores and our support offices in the UK. You are a People person in the truest sense of the meaning and understand benefits of fostering a strong values-based culture to build a happy and sustainable business.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Uses comprehensive knowledge of employment law to provide consistent advice and support to managers on People topics. This includes, adhoc meetings with all managers in the business, leading the weekly Retail Meeting with the area managers, ensuring such meetings are documented and following up with each manager to ensure advice and actions have been followed. Regularly speaking with boutique managers either on the phone or in person.
- Taking ownership of the People Guide; understanding each and every policy, its purpose and how it interacts with our practices and culture. Responsible for updating it as and when required and any education and roll out of new versions.
- Providing full support to managers around formal performance management. Including, day to day advice on what it means to be a Sweaty Betty manager, informal performance advice and tools, comprehensively documenting performance concerns in line with our Values, advising managers on formal performance management practices as and when required. Understands disciplinary practices and our own internal policies. Makes objective and balanced judgements based on factual information.
- Providing all employees with advice on resolving concerns they have both informally and formally through our grievance procedure, confidently navigates the role of mediator. Manages the formal grievance process thoroughly and promptly in an effort to minimise the impact on the employee and the business. Makes objective and balanced judgements based on factual information.
- Keep up to date with employment law changes, ensure your own development of knowledge through reading and attendance of relevant workshops. Use this knowledge in your day to day advice and support.
- Takes steps to understand what engages and motivates People at Sweaty Betty, across all areas of the business. Constantly seeking to lower undesirable employee turnover through our culture and People practices.
- Manages the collection of feedback from employees leaving the business through the exit interview process. Analyses feedback and is responsible for sharing with the People Team and wider business
- Coordinates the People Survey feedback and analysis, works with the VP, People to propose and recommend areas for improvement and change to drive engagement.
- Takes opportunities, in-person during store visits or day to day in the office, to gain feedback from current employees.
- Is lead People team person for all People engagement initiatives such as Directors Workouts and Surprise & Delights, uses internal engagementmodel to drive overall engagement
- Assists in managing all People events such as Launch, being a member of the Social Committee and support office events.
- Works with the VP, People, Development team and VPs of Retail (US & UK) in developing and implementing the development journey for our retail managers.
- Create training materials and content for People related training topics. Work with other members on areas not related to your expertise, advise and support them on structure and roll out where necessary.
- Act as a mentor to managers with regards to management skills. Use these opportunities to understand our managers development needs better.
- Provides guidance to support office managers with regards to the induction of new members of the team. Is a passionate ambassador for embedding key parts of the Sweaty Betty induction such as store visits and the participation in classes.
What You’ll Have
- 3+ years experience of being a HR/People Manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of UK employment law
- Experience and confidence dealing with a variety of difficult situations and carrying out challenging or sensitive conversations
Generous clothing allowance
50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise
Daily workouts in our Studio,
Enhanced Maternity Pay
Flexi-hour Scheme, including 16:00Friday finish
Cycle to work scheme
Company bonus scheme