Retail Store Manager
Sweaty Betty delivers the perfect fusion of fitness, functionality and fashion –what we like to call “beautiful technical.” We design product that has legs long beyond the gym or studio, an authentic London-cool outlook on style, and a culture that recognizes it’s all good fun… we exercise to look and feel good (not necessarily to find enlightenment), and know that the best workouts are fun, shared with friends and frequently followed by chocolate, a cocktail, or something else that more or less negates the calories you just burned.
Founded by our Creative Director, Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty now has 46 stores in the UK and 13 (and counting) in the US. We are poised for explosive growth in the US over the next five years and there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
If you love fitness and fashion, this is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing business. We are looking for a Store Manager to support the successful and smooth running of our brand new Aspen Boutique located right in the heart Aspen, Colorado set to open on November 20th, 2017.
*The boutique will be open from November 20th, 2017 to April 15th, 2018.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Store Manager you will be reporting to the Area Manager of your region and responsible for the following:
- Providing the highest standards of customer experience to our US customers by ensuring the delivery of the Sweaty Betty Experience at all times in-store “to inspire women to find empowerment through fitness”
- Leading and managing the shop team including recruitment, development, coaching and well-being
- Ensuring the Brand is represented in-store by a team who are passionate about fashion and fitness in an equal measure
- Representing the brand through sport by working closely with the Community Managers and partnering with local studios and instructors whilst getting involved in the community and local marketing campaigns
- Maintaining appropriate staffing levels within budget
- Ensuring all your staff are adequately trained according to the current training program
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels in your shop and ensuring the highest standards of housekeeping and visual merchandising are upheld
- Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are followed by every member of the team
- Maintaining the security of the shop premises, stock and all shop monies
- Completing and submitting all necessary paperwork to the Support Office
- Ensuring all your staff maintain Sweaty Betty standards (following the disciplinary procedure where necessary)
- Can lift, carry or move at least 40 lbs.
- Additional tasks may be required from time to time
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and reconciliation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong general knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to succeed in a fast-growing, team-oriented environment
- Proactive, flexible self-starter
- Sports enthusiast - living and breathing the Sweaty Betty lifestyle
You are confident, commercial and in love with the Sweaty Betty brand. A natural role model with an authority in sport and a flare for fashion. You are independent, social able and proactive. You practice what you preach and enjoy sharing your experiences. You are able to manage your time effectively and work efficiently. You are happy to use your own initiative and take ownership of the role, and are always willing to help the team deliver on their objectives. Most importantly you live an active life and love our brand as much as we do! Who knows, we just might be the best place for you to build your career.
Must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Store Manager and managed a 1M+ volume store
- We provide a fantastic place to work
- A competitive benefits scheme
- 17 days’ vacation (including 8 national holidays)
- A 401(K) with company match
- A super clothing allowance, 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- Lots of work out classes
- Individual and manager bonuses
- Pet Insurance
About the Company
As Sweaty Betty has evolved into a global multi-channel fitness fashion brand, one thing remains at the heart of the business: Sweaty Betty’s unwavering mission to inspire women and find empowerment through fitness. We lead by example, and look to our growing community for more inspiring stores of happiness and transformation through active living.
Every employee at Sweaty Betty is chosen for their passion and capabilities, for their desire to push boundaries and of course their love of the lifestyle we inspire and represent. We have over 50 stores across the UK and the US with almost 600 employees but it’s our small, local teams that keep our purpose to inspire women through fitness alive.
We want to provide more than just a job so it’s important to us that our employees don’t just love the product but they love what they do.
Sweaty Betty Ltd