People & Development Coordinator
Sweaty Betty delivers the perfect fusion of fitness, functionality and fashion, what we like to call “beautiful technical.” We design product that goes beyond the gym or studio, an authentic London-cool outlook on style, and a culture that recognizes it’s all good fun… we exercise to look and feel good (not necessarily to find enlightenment), and know that the best workouts are shared with good friends and are followed by a glass of wine or cake (or both).
Founded by our Creative Director, Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty now has 47 stores in the UK and 13 (and counting) in the US.
Our people are our most important asset. Every employee is chosen for their passion and capabilities, for their desire to push boundaries, and of course for their love of living the Sweaty Betty lifestyle.
We our looking for a proactive, engaging People Coordinator to come and join the Sweaty Betty family. Reporting in to the People & Development Manager and sitting in our passionate, positive and friendliest of People Teams of 7. This is newly developed role is to further support L&D for our talented UK Retail Teams and Support Office.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your journey will include:
- You will be one of the primary users and administrators of Sweaty Betty’s Intranet. You will responsible for various aspects of the intranet, (new user upload, Intranet support emails)
- Work with People and Development manager to create new content.
- Communicate to all new starters across Retail & Support Office the details of their WOW day and support with the smooth running of the day.
- Supporting the People & Development Manager on “Surprise & Delights” in our Support Office with ad hoc treats and events that promote the Sweaty Betty lifestyle
- Employee Engagement – manage and organise our Directors Workouts, inviting new starters and keeping track of attendees so every employee has the opportunity to attend.
- Support & engage in the WOW day. Use the opportunity to build relationships across the business and develop new relationships with starters.
- Works with the People and Development Manager to review and refresh the WOW Day to make sure information is current and engaging.
- Responsible for other relevant admin; including updating relevant WOW Day information, presentation and booklets.
Training & Development
- Training – Manage& organise any task or any additional information for Support Office training
- Induction support – act as Induction & On-boarding support, informing I.T Support Teams new starters, to ensure everything is ready for their first day.
- Development – Supporting the People and Development Manager with relevant admin for new starters.
- People Admin
- Write & send out appointment letter
- Contracts & other employee correspondence
- Support the Senior Retail Team, 5 Area Managers and all 46 Store Managers (and counting) with Training and Development queries.
This opportunity is perfect for an individual who thrives in a busy environment. You are highly organised and take a methodical approach to the task at hand and understand that others depend on the work you do; so needs to be of the highest quality.
You care about helping people and colleagues grow and succeed in their lives and SB Journey and can see yourself growing your career in a people focused business; who believe in a culture which is MORE than just a job.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- A minimum of 2 years retail experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and confidence dealing with a variety of sensitive and confidential situations.
- An interest in SB & the lifestyle we endorse, you’ll love it!
- Generous clothing allowance, 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- Free exercise classes in our on-site studio,
- Sample sales,
- Cycle to work scheme and weekly fresh fruit
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Childcare Support
- Discounts to the best Studio Classes
- Quarterly Support Office Parties
Sweaty Betty Ltd