Multi-Product Garment Technologist
Setting The Scene
Sweaty Betty delivers the perfect fusion of fitness, functionality and fashion what we like to call beautiful technical. We design product that goes beyond the gym or studio, an authentic London-cool outlook on style, and a culture that recognizes its all good fun we exercise to look and feel good (not necessarily to find enlightenment), and know that the best workouts are shared with good friends and are followed by a glass of wine or cake (or both).
Founded by our Creative Director, Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in Londons Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty now has over 45stores in the UK and 8 (and counting) in the US.
Sweaty Betty is growing. There has never been a more exciting time to join us. Our people are our most important asset. Every employee is chosen for their passion and capabilities, for their desire to push boundaries, and of course for their love of living the Sweaty Betty lifestyle. This is a crucial role in the business as you will be a guardian of the company culture, responsible for attracting and recruiting the very best, ensuring that every person that comes on board is as passionate about our values and beliefs as we all are.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Multi-Product Garment Technologist, you will be sitting in the talented, Garment Tech team of 5. You reporting directly into the Garment Technical Manager. You will work closely across all the Product department including, Buying, Design, Merchandising and Customer Care. Our mission is to ensure that all products, are beautifully fitted, and adhere to the highest quality standards. Infusing beautiful technical design, high performance fabrics and a fabulous look that our customers love.
- Work with Design on the development of new products across Sweat Bettys multi product ranges, this includes woven trousers, dresses, skirts, Knitwear, Jersey including seamless.
- Must have the ability to create first specifications at the beginning of each season to achieve the perfect fit and aesthetics on the initial proto samples from design through to graded specifications into production.
- Managing the fit and Quality of your own product category of achieving the highest fit and quality standard for Sweaty Bettys ranges.
- Manage and own the fit process from proto stage through to sealing stage and production approvals, taking the critical path into consideration, this involves graded specs, approval of test reports and shipment samples.
- Take ownership of your product areas these would include Jersey, Knitwear, Accessories and multi products, including seamless. Take ownership of your own fit session weekly every Tuesday and Thursday with Buying and Design. Send clear and concise comments to the factories, no later than 2 working days after the fit session.
- Attend weekly critical path meetings with Buying, Design and Merchandising, highlighting potential risk areas and work with other teams to find solutions to hit delivery dates.
- Manage the wearer trial process to ensure that all products perform at a very high level and are fully functional for the intended end use.
- An understanding of textiles reports would be beneficial as you will be managing the seasonal testing process for all your products to ensure all fabrics and trims have been tested according to Sweaty Bettys required standards and passed the tests.
- Ensure the care labelling of all products meet the legal regulations in all of the countries that Sweaty Betty trades in.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and stores through visits and meetings.
- Undertake presentations on technical subjects to the rest of the business and suppliers as and when needed.
- Support the Directors and Chief Product Officer on new initiatives to continuously improve the quality, branding and fit of products.
- Some foreign and UK Travel may be required.
What You’ll Have
- 4+ years experience in a technical role, in a similar retail business
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Microsoft Office,
- Knowledge of construction, manufacturing and variety of fabrics and dyeing processes.
- Excellent communication skills are required as liaison with agents, suppliers and internal departments will be required on a day to day basis to ensure that timely deliveries are met.
- A person with a strong background in womens garment technology.
- Experience with sportswear preferable
- A natural ambassador of the brand, you love to be active and embrace everything the brand stands for.
- You have a positive attitude and an approachable nature
- A strong internal and external stakeholder you are good at building relationships with suppliers and your team
- A proactive attitude and ability to think on your feet
- Passionate about our product and a nature where they are always looking to learn.
- Confident with fit and a good understanding of pattern cutting.
- You are detail oriented and highly organised
- You thrive in a busy, retail environment and can appreciate the evolving nature of retail
- You have a good aesthetic sense
Generous clothing allowance
50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise
Daily workouts in our Studio,
Enhanced Maternity Pay
Flexi-hour Scheme, including 16:00Friday finish
Cycle to work scheme
Company bonus scheme